𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"How's it feeling?" pope asked kie. he had just made the tool for getting the gold and kie was testing it out.

"Feels good." kie said until it tipped and she let out a small scream.

"take that back." she said and claire laughed from next to jj, they had their feet in the hot tub.

"John B pullin' a Houdini." jj said, noticing how john b wasn't back yet.

"Yeah, where is he? I got my scholarship interview tomorrow. We gotta get this done!" pope said and john b rounded the corner.

"Speak of the devil. Hey! Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything." jj said.

"No, he did not. I did that." pope said. claire got off the hot tub when she noticed how pissed john b looked. she ran inside after him.

"Uh... what's that all about?" jj asked, following claire and john b.

"I was gonna ask you the same question." pope said.

"john b?" claire asked when she saw the boy rummaging through every cabinet in the house.

"what's going on." she demanded as she stopped in front of him.

"get out of my way." he said and pushed her to the side, making her fall.

"You all right, man? What... what's up?" jj asked when he noticed claire picker herself up off the ground.

"What are you looking for?" kie asked.

"Bro, what's going on?" jj asked as john b pulled out jj's gun.

"John B, what do you need the gun for?" claire asked with wide eyes. john b rushed outside, pushing past pope and jj on the way. he got on jj's bike as claire approached.

"John B, what the hell?" she asked him.

"Ward knows about the gold." john b said and looked directly at claire with anger fuming inside of him.

"He killed my dad."

claire stood there, processing what she just heard as john b drove off. her dad wouldn't kill anyone. would he?

"John B!" kie yelled.

"Shit!" jj yelled and looked at claire who was frozen.

"what did he say?" pope asked.

"he said my dad killed his dad." she said before running to her keep and climbing in.

"where are you going?!" jj yelled.

"i need to find my dad, john b's gonna kill him." she said and drove off to her house.

--

she didn't even park her call all the way when she ran inside and heard her dad in his office, she swung open the door and saw a crying sarah and her dad.

"John B was here, wasn't he?" ward asked as he motioned his other daughter to sit down.

"No." sarah whispered.

"Sweetheart, please don't lie to me." ward begged.

"Okay, so don't lie to me." sarah snapped.

"I'm not." ward told her.

"Then tell us what happened on the boat!" sarah spoke.

"Sarah! I wanted to take the boy fishing. You saw that, all right? I did it because a boy needs a father figure. So, out we go, and it was great. It was. and then he just starts... drinking, and then, at a certain part, he starts accusing me of these... insane things. and the more I try to calm him down, the angrier he gets, till finally, he attacks me!" ward said.