14 - narration

OKAY so to clear things up... the twins' last name is basically Forbes-Salvatore cause Alaric is dead. but they choose to keep their last name Saltzman out of respect for their father (not that he deserves it —in the show)
—————

Hope stands inside a busy airport waiting for her girlfriend —and her family— to walk out the door.

Hope has been at the airport for an hour. She was shaking with excitement. She couldn't wait to see her girlfriend again.

The distance was never one of Hope's specialties. Every time they were apart it was like someone stabbed her in the heart and left the knife there, and the only way to take it out was by being in the presence of her girlfriend.

Hope knows that is a tad dramatic but she doesn't care. It's how she feels.

The doors open and people Hope doesn't know or even care about walk out. She stands on her tiptoes trying to find a glimpse of blonde hair. Finding two blondes would be easier than finding a brunette in an airport filled with brown-haired people.

A minute pass and Hope catches sight of Lizzie. And she immediately runs towards them. The family spots her instantly, but Josie had her eyes on her phone. Hope presses a finger against her lips and walks around them, coming up from behind Josie and pulling her into her tight embrace. "I missed you."

Josie tenses but instantly relaxes once she sees a flash of auburn hair. "I missed you too."

Once Hope has had her fill with Josie's hug. She kisses the brunette's cheek and grabs her suitcase, finally turning her attention to the rest of Josie's family. "Hi, everyone. Welcome to New Orleans."

"Hey, Mikaelson. Where's our ride?"

"Hi, sweetie, it's good to see you. But where are your parents? I thought they were gonna be the ones picking us up." Caroline says in a much kinder tone than the younger blonde.

"We had a change of plans. Come on, I'll take you to our ride." Hope grabs Josie's hand and leads them out of the airport and into the parking area where she left the van and the driver.

Catching sight of Hope, the driver quickly turns on the car and opens the doors.

"Why are you going inside a van? Your parents do know that a regular car could've fit us, right?" Hope chuckles at Stefan's question.

"Yeah about that..." Hope rubs her neck shyly. "The family was really excited to have you over, and my aunt Bex decided to rent a van so they could come with me. But I lied to them about your time of arrival and I kinda stole the van."

Josie looks at Hope with disbelief and the older girl only flashes the family with a tight-lipped smile. They only shake their head in amusement before they get inside the car. Lizzie decides to sit in the passenger seat to get a better look at the city.

When everyone was settled in the driver hit the road.

As they made their way to the Mikaelson compound, Hope pointed out every single place she loved in New Orleans to Josie —and her parents by extension. She would give them a brief history and run down about the place and promising to take them there one day.

In the front, Hope noticed Lizzie taking pictures of every fascinating thing she saw.

It wasn't long until they arrived at the compound. Hope could already see a glimpse of her family through the gates.

They got out of the car, took out their things, and made their way inside. Hope walking ahead of them.

When the Mikaelsons catch a glimpse of Hope they all sigh in relief. But not soon later a chorus of worried voices overlap each other.

"Where have you been young lady?"

"Hope, don't do that again!"

"You had us believing you had been kidnapped!"

"What you did was totally irresponsible!"

"Guys!" The Mikaelsons stop their rambling and turn their attention to the direction Hope was pointing at. "We have guests."

Not a second later, all the attention leaves Hope and transfers to the Forbes-Salvatore family.

"Welcome to our home." Is the first and last thing Hope heard before she disappears into the kitchen telling the cook to prepare a big breakfast. She makes a special request for them to make beignet.

She can not wait to have Josie try her favorite New Orleans delicacy.

Hope decides to set the table, adding the chairs to the table as a way to escape the chaos she assumes is happening outside.

Just when Hope is finished adding the flowers and candles to the table she heard Josie calling out her name. So she quickly makes her way to the courtyard.

When she gets there, she sees Lizzie and Rebekah already engrossed in a conversation about fashion lines and whatever else Hope didn't care about. Her father and uncles were already showing Stefan their finest bottle of bourbon. Caroline was sitting on the couch with Hayley, Freya, Keelin, and Davina talking about god knows what.

Josie goes up to her and pecks her lips. "You left me alone with this." Hope chuckles locking her arms around the brunette's waist.

"I'm sorry, baby. I honestly thought it would be more chaotic than this. The good kind of chaotic though not—"

"I know what you mean." Josie interrupts before could lose herself in her ramblings. "And it was actually. Thankfully it only lasted like five minutes."

"That's good then." Hope spares one more look at their families getting along before she pulls the brunette into a proper kiss. "I love you. I am so happy you're finally here."

"I am too. Thank you for making all this possible. I love you."

Hope sinks into Josie's embrace, relaxing into it.

They stay in that position for a while. Standing at the corner of the room in each other's arms. Hope could stay in this position forever.

And as much she wants to she can't. Her desire to show Josie everything New Orleans has to overtrumps her desire for relaxation. They could always end the day cuddling together.

"Come on. Breakfast should be ready any time soon. Go ahead. I'm gonna go tell them."

Hope sneaks one more kiss on Josie's cheek before she makes her way to their families. "Everyone, breakfast should be ready soon. So let's all move our conversations to the dining room."

They all stand to their feet and head to the dining area. The Forbes-Salvatores followed where the Mikaelsons went.

When the compound was empty Hope spots the suitcases left by the door. Hope leaves them there for now as she makes her way to where the rest of her family are. She spots an empty seat next to Josie and she takes it.

Hope grabs Josie's hand and kisses her knuckles before participating in the ongoing conversation everyone was having; tourists spots.

Hope is beyond ecstatic at this current moment. Their families were getting along. Josie was happy. And that made Hope happy.

Her dad was right. They should have meals like this more often.

—————
thanksgiving will only be pics while christmas will be another narration 😗✌️