18 - Narration

haven't been feeling very inspired lately so updates might be on and off
—————

Hope was waiting in the courtyard, sitting on the couch with a cup of chamomile tea in her hand. She was staring at the front doors of the house waiting for them to open. Desperately hoping she would get to be graced with the sight of her beautiful brunette girlfriend.

But minutes have passed and Josie and the rest of her family have yet to arrive. Her aunt Bex —using Josie's phone— had informed Hope that they wouldn't be back home until midnight and it was still 10:30.

They have been gone for more than three hours already and Hope was already missing Josie like crazy. She was clingy and she knows it. But she doesn't care.

Three figures joined her on the couch, each with a cup of their tea. "Hope, sweetheart, you've been sitting there for more than an hour. They said they wouldn't be back until midnight."

Hope flashes Caroline a sheepish smile as she takes a sip of her tea. "I just want to take Josie from my family's grasp as soon as possible."

"Why is that?" Stefan asks joining in on their conversation.

"Have you seen my family? They're a lot to handle. I don't want them scaring Josie off before we even got to have our chance at building something, you know?"

The Forbes-Salvatore family shares a knowing look before they place a comforting hand on Hope. Lizzie's on Hope's should and Caroline and Stefan on Hope's knees. "Hope, I don't know if you noticed but my sister is completely head over heels for you. She follows you around like a lost puppy. When you're not around she's not as bright as usual. You ignite her, Hope." Lizzie squeezes Hope's shoulder one more time before sipping her tea.

And that's when Stefan opens his mouth to add something. "I remember when Josie would not stop gushing about you when she was younger. Sometimes I would just hand her a toy so she would shut up. It's only gotten worse now that she's older."  Hope shakes her head amused at hearing how much Josie talks about her with her family.

"As a mother, I know what's going on with my daughters. I know what they're thinking. Especially when it comes to love. And I know that she feels a great amount of love for you, Hope."

"She does. Sometimes, because of weird twin things, I can feel it." Lizzie adds.

"So, no. A simple talk with your family won't be able to scare her off."

Hope smiles. A big, real, and genuine smile.

It's one thing to read a text from her girlfriend reassuring her that she wasn't going to leave her, and it's another thing to hear the brunette's family reassure her that Josie's love for her was strong.

It feels amazing to have her girlfriend's family fully support their relationship.

She already knows her family supports them too, but they weren't always the best at getting a point like that across. Her dad already made an engagement joke once and Josie's brain already short-circuited from that.

Who knows what embarrassing things they could say.

...

"Oh god."

"Hope? Honey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just remembered that my family likes to embarrass me. A lot. And with the amount of time they've been with Josie who knows what they told her." Hope groans, burying her face in her hands.

"Do you want to level the playing field?" Hope looks up and sees Lizzie with a growing smirk on her face. Hope glances at Caroline and Stefan and she sees that they are wearing the same look Lizzie has.