"I'd be sitting with Noah Adams."

I looked at the sky. It was all blue with trains of clouds spread around looking fine as a vanilla cotton candy. I used to wish I could fly and touch the clouds until I realised how hot the sun is.

I don't want to be burnt to death. Not even a sunburn.

But I still want to touch the clouds. The sky is always so peaceful. I want to lay in a grass field all night and stare at the night sky and the shining stars all night long someday. Someday I will do that.

I can stare at the sky all the time and still not get bored. I can never have enough of it. The beautiful colours in the sky. The vibe it gives me. The thoughts it gives me. That, 'everything will be fine' blanket it wraps me around.

Suddenly, a very shriek voice startled me. It continued to ring until I got up and turned the clock off. I stared at my alarm clock. Its pink plastic cover was broken and tilted. The layer was coming off from the side of the glass frame.

Poor thing.

I picked it up and raised my hand with force. Directing the hit at the ground far from my legs so that it doesn't bounce off and hit me.

Why am I doing this?

I stopped as the thought struck me. It's pointless. I sighed a deep breathe and placed the clock back on the night stand resting beside my bed.

Why is it already 7 'o'clock? I didn't get to enjoy the morning view as much as I wanted to.

I stepped into the balcony again and took a deep breathe. My body relaxed as the warm air entered my nose. The smell.

Petrichor.

It didn't even rain last night. But I can still smell the earth like how it does after rain. I hope it rains today, though the sky looks like it has planned to favor the sun and stay sunny today.

I got out of the balcony and slide the door closed. I also spread my pineapple yellow coloured curtains and walked towards the mirror to comb my hair. Since today is the first day of my junior high, I've decided to look presentable. I brushed my wavy strands of blonde hair until they straightened till my waist. As soon as I removed the comb, they curled back again. I decided on a simple ponytail as I wasn't in the mood to think of any hairstyle.

And I also didn't want to look overly excited for this year. But I hope it will be a little different. I want to enjoy this year and give my best, at studies too. I will join a club and try to find a job as well.

Looking at the 5'6 blondie in the mirror, I smiled hopefully. I was wearing a black tank top with an attached half jacket with roses embroidered on it. I paired it with a dull blue jeans and white converse.

I grabbed my white backpack and my keys

I grabbed my white backpack and my keys. Of course the house keys, not my car's. I don't plan to drive myself to school today.

I walked out of my room closing the door shut. I knocked on Jenny's room which was a room ahead of mine. I stood there for a minute before knocking again.