Chapter 3

"Hey, are you here to enjoy the sunset too?" Venti asked the dark haired boy.
Xiao was startled and turned around, his spear in hand. He calmed down as he noticed the young bard in green standing behind him.
"Who are you?" he asked, his voice cold and controlled. Venti smiled and looked at the sky.
"I am just a bard from Mondstadt" he replied, sitting down at the cliff next to the other boy.

Xiao looked away.
Why can't I just be by myself?
Annoyed, he turned his back at the bard and closed his eyes again, trying to ignore his presence.
The bard took out his lyre. "Do you mind if i play a few notes?" he asked, looking at the boy at his left. He didn't respond.
Venti shrugged his shoulders and started playing.

Suddenly, Xiao listened up, turning around and looking at the young bard with his lyre. "You!" he exclaimed, staring intensely at the other boy. Venti looked up and met his gaze. "What's wrong?" he replied, still smiling.
Xiaos face turned slightly red and he looked away. „Nothing" the dark haired said, feeling uncomfortable.
What's wrong with you? Pull yourself together! You're a Yaksha!
Venti sighed and started playing again.

Xiao tried to sort out his thoughts. He remembered this music, at least the feeling that it awakened in him. It was relaxing and for the moment, even the voices in his head fell silent.
Without actually realizing, he smiled.

Venti turned his head to the other boy. Even though Xiao didn't say anything, he knew who he was. As a god, Venti has had some contact to Morax, therefore he had recognized the boy next to him immediately as the vigilant Yaksha, an adeptus once saved by Rex Lapis- the lord of geo.
Still, it seemed a bit tactless to just call him by his name. As it seemed, Xiao had not recognized him as the god of wind and Venti decided to leave it like that.

For some reason, Venti was glad to see the boy smile like that.

————

Another short chapter, next one's going to be longer i promise! qwq