Moving in

Yes, I was thinking about him occasionally but that didn't stop me from driving. When we got to California, Mark took me to my house so I can shower and change because the plane we took was last minute and not sanitary at all. I took a hot steamy shower and cleared my head of my lose thoughts. Not to long after, I heard a knock at the door. "Hurry up we got things to do" I rolled my eyes and got out. I dried myself off and got dress. I just threw on a plain t-shirt with some jeans. I applied a tad bit of makeup and dried my hair, plopped on a pair of shoes and galloped to the living room. There I saw Mark admiring my house. "You like" I said laughing at his expression on his face. "Yeah this uh picture is nice" I couldn't help but let out a sigh. I grabbed my files and looked through them for my birth certificate. "Its not here" I said throwing my documents on the couch. Mark rushed in at the sound of my disbelief. "Maybe its at your fathers house" THATS IT MY FATHERS HOUSE. "I need you to drive me there." He nodded and we left. After many missed turns and long stop lights and people jay walking in-front of us we finally got there. Mark look at the size of the house. "Is this man single?" "I really don't know because when I moved out he had a girl seeing him but who knows what happened to her." I unlocked the door and smelled something weird. Mark had a weird look on his face too. "Dad?" I called looking for him. Seconds later he stomps up the cellar stairs "what do you wan- oh hey darling" His eyes were blood shot and his hair was greasy and in desperate need of a hair cut. His clothes were torn up and he had blood on his hands. Dad looked over to Mark "who is this man" he didn't look happy when he said that "Im her boyfriend" I looked over to Mark with a blank expression. Dad looks to me "Is he really your boyfriend?" I nodded in agreement. "Listen here buddy, you hurt her and I kill you ." Mark didn't looked phased but I knew Mark wouldn't do anything. "We just came here for my birth certificate" Dad looked confused "if you can find it, you can have it." I walked upstairs and into his room. I looked in his closet but found nothing. Mark walks in with something in his hand. "Think I found it" I grabbed them from him and rummaged through it. Old pictures, gun licenses, adoption papers, I found a bag with white powered in it. It was probably cocaine. Mark took the bag and sniffed it "I wouldn't do that" he still did it anyway. After looking for a good while "BINGO" I yelled. "Now lets go before we find anything else." He nodded and left. We drove over to the DMV and did all that stuff. After a few days I took my vision test and my written test I did the on road driving test. And paid the license fee. I finally was able to drive. We pack away my house "I have some of these things" Mark said packing my kitchen "well, make a pile of things you have and I'll take it to them to the donation with some of my clothes and the things you don't have we will take with us." He did just that. I packed my room and in the middle of it I found my pictures with my biological family. "I wish I was with them." I took a long sigh. Mark walked in "The truck has all your kitchen items in it." I looked at him and nodded. We finished packing my room and living room. It took the rest of the week to pack the house up. Saturday night we were on the track for Florida. I was exited and Mark looked happy until traffic hit. We sat in silence with Marks hand on my thigh and me typing on my phone. "Whatcha doin?" He leaned over to me. "Im texting my friend, why?" "No reason just bored." I looked over to him and leaned on his shoulder. Minutes felt like seconds and then traffic started moving. We stopped at Hotel and we got a room for the night. As soon as I got to the room I fell asleep. The next morning Mark was awake before me only in his sweatpants. I sat up and rolled my neck and rubbed my eyes. "Hey love!" He sound like he just got up not to long before me. His voice was deep and sounds hot. I got up and put my hair into a pony tail. I was going to wait for the next stop at a hotel to shower. I put a hoodie and shorts on and shaved my legs. Mark came in when I was doing my make up and hugged me. It was a long passionate hug until my phone buzzed. Missing boy by the name of Trevor lanyard. Oh no. "They found that he is missing." Mark looked down to me and gabbed my phone. "They wont find him, ever" I looked up and nodded. We packed out bags and left the hotel room. I couldn't stop thinking about Trevor even though I didn't care for him anymore. So many coincidences but one led to my attention. 'They could find his ashes' "did you clear his ashes" Mark looked at me ghosted. "No why?" " there is a difference between human ashes and ashes in general. THEY CAN FIND US IF WE DONT HURRY TO FLORIDA!" Mark had a pet sitter for his animals while he was gone. "They could rat us out" I said carelessly. Mark was super focused on driving that he forgot I was here.
We got food at a really weird looking gas station. "If we get poisoned, im blaming it on you." "WHAT ME?" "Yeah you" "your the one driving!" "Thats doesn't give you the right to blame me for poisoning you" "yes it does, your driving and im sitting doing nothing" "You want to drive?" Mark had a serious tone in his voice with that question. "No I like sitting here, but when we stop at our next hotel. I will drive." He agreed with it so I was happy. Several hours went by in the car. I had my music playing and we had a little concert. I laughed so much my stomach hurts. We got a nice hotel and I checked to make sure we had towels. I sat down and thought about what to do for a couple of hours. "We should go to a bar!" I said to Mark "yeah that sounds fun after all that driving." I grabbed the keys for the truck and drove. We googled a nice bar that didn't have many people at. I mean it was a Monday so people did have work. I order myself something light so I can drive back. I think Mark made friends with the bartender because they would not stop talking the entire time. I watched them, I feel like my adoptive father made me an antisocial person growing up because I hate talking to random people. I make Mark order my things for me, It's awkward talking to people. What if you say something you aren't supposed to then its just straight up embarrassing. I've had my days like that, I just ghost them after that to not cause anymore of it.
I was getting tired so I bothered Mark to leave. He said his bye's to the bartender. "I see you made a friend" trying to lighten the mood. "Yeah he's a good guy." I laughed at that statement. The google maps lady led us through the ally way back to the hotel. People are weird to say the least. When we got back I was knocked out cold. I didn't see what Mark did but he kept getting up out of the bed. He was probably dehydrated from drinking, so most likely throwing all his insides up.
The next morning I felt, not good and I doubt Mark does too. I sat up and looked around for him, he wasn't in bed or in the room. "Where was he?" I checked the bathroom, Nothing. I just sat in the bed till he came back in. An hour passed and still nothing . I texted him asking where he was, he responded with "Im at the store getting something, be back soon" YOU'VE BEEN GONE FOR AN HOUR, PROBABLY MORE. I was mad. We needed to get to Florida soon before someone finds out. After another hour of waiting, I was getting ready when he walked in the door. I looked out the bathroom and gave him a mean look. "What did I do?" He asked worryingly. "You left and didn't tell me where you were going?! Ever think of that?" He walked over to me and kissed my head. "Im sorry love." We were stopped in Mississippi for the day because of some storm that were producing tornadoes so we just sat at the hotel for another day. I watched tv for most of it or did some work. "Shit, I forgot to tell my boss Im moving damn it." "Email him" I shrugged my shoulders and went to my email. I typed an email "Good afternoon Mr.Robin. I am here to inform you that I will no longer be working with you. I am moving to Florida with my boyfriend to start a new life. Thank you for understanding m
- Haven D
That looked like a good explanation. I tapped the send button. When me and Mark were sitting in bed both our phones buzzed, really loudly. Mark picked his up because his was closest. "It's just a tornado watch we'll be fine" I don't like weather period. I hate the loud sounds of it. Mark didn't know. I sat in bed acting like it was ok when in reality I was about to cry. I stared at the tv attempting not to cry until I heard a big round of thunder. I felt a tear roll down my eye. 'Damn it' I jumped up and speed walked to the bathroom. I hope he didn't see me. I was very wrong. He heard me crying and asked to come in. I crawled to the door to unlock it. My shirt was wet from the tears, "are you ok Haven?" He sounded concerned. "N-n-no I HATE storms" continuing to cry. He sat next to my and whipped my tears away. "Your fine, I'm here with you if you need. Im your boyfriend you don't need to hide that from me. I wont laugh at you and if I do slap me, I will stop and never do it again." Those words made me feel better. I hugged him tightly never wanting to let go. " lets go sit in bed" he held out his hand to help me up.
I feel asleep in his grasp I never wanted to leave. Around 2 am, our phones buzzed again. Mark wasn't moving so I picked up my phone. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck" I said under my breath. My heart rate intensified. 'A damn tornado warning.' I shook Mark awake. "What wha huh, you good" I pushed my phone into his face. My hand shaking a lot. "Oh ok, calm down, we'll go to the lobby" I nodded and threw on a pair of joggers. I grabbed my phone and waited at the door. "MARK HURRY UP" I yelled "Sorry darling" he took my hand and we walked to the lobby. While down there we saw a lot of people. Mark leaned over to my ear. "I guess we weren't the only ones with a wake up call" I laughed. I was shaking a lot. I guess Mark is used to this weather so he doesn't mind it but, he has a girlfriend who never experienced this weather. Mark did a good job at comforting me. This tornado seemed like it never wanted to leave. On almost all the tv's was the weather. I felt like crying so I dug my face into Marks chest "I DoN't WAnt tO DiEeeeEEEeEe" He laughed for a bit. "Your not going to dIEeeEeEee you'll be fine" finally after an hour or so we got to go back to the room. Mark insisted we went ahead and left but I said I was driving and didn't want to drive right now, But guess who won that argument. Yup, you guessed right, Mark. It was 4:32 by the time we left. Mark drove because I wanted to sleep. I really couldn't so I just listened to music until seven am. I was forced to drive. I wasn't nervous but something turned thato around quickly. I heard sirens behind me "WHAT DID I DO" "just pull to the side and calm down" I pulled over but they zoomed passed me. I let out a big sigh. "One day, I'm going to scare myself shitless and die" Mark tried to hold in his laugh but fail. "Go ahead, laugh" He basically died, I rolled my eyes and turned up the music. "All of this music is shit. Turn on my playlist." He didn't hesitate. We both have the same music taste so it wasn't hard to find what to listen to. Hours later I saw a sign and it read "Welcome to Florida" Mark was asleep so I was going to wait to tell him. We still had four more hours of driving to do so I figured I would drive the rest. When we got to Tampa, Mark started waking up. "Guess where we are?" His eyes brightened up. "Hmm Russia?" "No dumbass, Florida" I rolled my eyes and he laughed "it was a joke" he grabbed my hand and held it for a while. Wow its very pretty I thought to myself. Finally we were in Tallahassee, Florida. Only 30 more minutes of driving. "You know there are a lot of storms here, right?" I did not like what he said. "Really?" "Yes, Sorry I had to tell you that." It was silent until we got home. The moving people said they would be there tomorrow so we just unpacked our clothes from the car. "Go clear the ashes, now" I demand him to do it before someone got suspicious. I took a shower while he was clearing the ashes. When I was done he was burring them. I watched as he dug a deep hole. "Would you like to throw them in?" "I would be most delighted" and threw them in. Now all I had to do was forget about it. We sat in bed and I went to sleep.
The next day Mark was not in bed so I assumed he was downstairs, he was. He was on the phone though, "who is that" I mouthed to him. "The moving people" he whispered back. "Oh" I nodded after that. I made myself tea and sat at the island. "Yep ok sounds good" Mark said trying to wrap up the call. "Ok bye" I was scrolling through my phone when a pair of cold hands wrap around my waist, his head rested on my shoulder kissing my neck. "Hi baby." He said sounding tired. I turned to him and hugged him. I wasn't to much shorter than him so I didn't have to reach to kiss him. After we had a moment to acknowledge each other, he walks to the kitchen to make coffee. We both were silent until the a sudden knock at the door. "Who was that" we both said looking at each other. I raced to the door to open it. A girl, probably about 17 standing there. "Mark!" I yelled. He came and saw it was the dog sitter. "Oh hey Stella, forgot to tell you we are here" they had a small conversation before he shut the door. I sat back at the island while he finished his coffee. "Want to go out for a bit to pass the time, the moving people wont be here till a bit after six." "Yeah sure I'm down." And went to change. I didn't have most my my clothes so I had to wear what I had with me. I pulled a black shirt that was long sleeved and a pair of white ripped jeans and vans. I got ready and went downstairs, Mark was already dressed so we headed out the door. My hand in his listening to music. "Can we get some tea before we walk around?" He looked at the time for a second "sure, for you my love" He is so romantic but at the wrong times. We arrived at Bubbly Tea Bar and stood in line. I looked around and saw some girls eye balling Mark. I wasn't happy at that. I really had to go to the bathroom, "I'll be back" I told him and he nodded. A few minutes later I saw a girl walk up to him "Hey uh, can I get your number?" My jaw dropped.
Mark looked directly at me and gave a weird face to the girl. "No sorry I have a girlfriend" she continued to talk. "She doesn't have to know" and started touching him. I was about to kill that bitch. "Umm yeah she can know because she just heard the entire conversation." She slowly turned around. "I don't see much" I lunged towards her but Mark stopped me before I could strangle her. A worker came up and asked what was the problem. "This lady was going to attack me." "No I wasn't, SHE WAS TRYING TO TAKE MY MAN." The worker looked at her and told her to leave before she caused more conflict. Mark got my tea and we left. "That hoe can find another man, your mine." "Of course babe sorry that she happened" "its ok" We walked into the mall and and shopped. We walked into a jewelry store and looked at jewelry. "Thats a pretty ring." I said pointing to it. It was an engagement ring with a
Pearl and 2 diamonds surrounding. Mark nodded "one day, one of these will be on your finger" I blushed hardcore. The man behind the counter laughed and looked at us. "Its 50% off for the rest of the week" Mark look at it and nodded again. We walked out to another store.
We got some new clothes and I got a purple knife to add to my collection. When we got home Mark told me he had to go to a buddies house to get something so I stuck at the house. It was only 4:13 so I sat and listened to music. An hour later Mark comes crashing through the door. "You good?" I said sitting up, "Yes....im ok.... Just out of breath." "You need water?" "No need" He threw a huge briefcase on the bed an opened it. I watched as I saw two guns appearing under the lid. The one to the right was black and had an M on it and the one on the left had a H on it. "The white one is yours and the black one is mine." "Your buddy got us guns?" "Yeah pretty neat, right." I nodded looking at the gun.
We walked into the living room and Mark wanted to make dinner. Chicken Alfredo with homemade breadsticks I made. Sounded delicious. I sat on the couch and look at Netflix for a show or movie. "The walking dead" that looked fun so I turned it on. After the first episode Mark called for dinner. I looked at the time 7:52 "wasn't the moving company supposed to be here at 6?" Mark looked at the time confused. "Yeah they should've been" "I'll call em real quick." And walked away. A few minutes later he walked in and said they will be here soon and we ate our dinner.
The time truck 8:30 when a knock came at the door. "They are here" Mark said. I hopped up and put shoes on. It only took a few hours to unload my things. I walked inside with Mark not far behind and saw it was 11:47 "damn, three hours" "yeah crazy" I walked upstairs and changed my clothes. Mark laid beside me and scrolled his phone. I fell asleep to the sound of the rain hitting the window. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap until I couldn't hear it anymore.