The New Job

Me and Mark got my stuff settled in his house. I loved his cat so much. His dog Thomas was also fond of me too. I liked cats more because they were genuinely calm. Mark had to go on a little trip for a day or two up in NC. I was to watch the house and pets. I played with Thomas and cuddled with Ruby, the cat, I was getting home from running errands when Mark called me. "Hey love whats up" I said answering the phone. "Hi uh I need you to look for something." It is a little box with a chip inside of it. I need you to read me the number on the back" 'a box?' I didn't question it and walked up to the bedroom. I looked into his drawer with socks and saw two boxes, "which one?" "Shit" I heard him say. "The one to the left." 'What was the other one?' I didn't ask. "The number is 345816428179" I said clearly. "Thank you darling I'll see you soon" "ok love you bye" I was curious of the box but didn't open it. It was boring not doing anything so I decided to go out. I was going to meet up with my friend Cali. We met at a restaurant and had lunch. "So how are you and Mark?" "We are doing good, he is up in NC right now for work but he will be here soon." She nodded as we walked into a coffee shop. I got a regular iced coffee. We got to catch up on our life's with each other. She had to go somewhere so I went home. That box has been on my mind for so long, but I couldn't open it still. I fell asleep still think about the box. "I'll ask him when he gets home."
The next morning I received a text message saying that He was coming back today. The plane is landing in 30 MINUTES. I needed to rush. I threw on a pair of leggings with a while tee and flip flops. I hopped in the car. The airport was an hour away. I texted Mark back saying I would be a little late considering I over slept. I turned up my music and sang till I got to his terminal. I hopped out the car and walk into the airport and looked for a tall blond with green eyes. I saw many people like him but I couldn't see him. I called him and heard ringing behind me. "That sounds like his ringtone" I turned around and saw him standing looking around. "MARK!" He turned around and saw me. I jumped into his arms and kissed him. "Im glad your back" "me too, now lets go before Karens yell at us" I giggled and grabbed one of his bags. In the car was not quiet at all. He told me about his trip and how he met someone cool. He described them as a guy but, how can I know. When we got to the house he flopped on the couch he was probably tired and jet lagged. I warmed up some green tea and peppermint to help with nausea. He drank it all and I laid with him for a while. He fell asleep on my stomach so I was stuck there and decided to fall asleep too. When I woke up he was still asleep, I grabbed my phone and scrolled it, looking at all the articles for the missing people. I was playing with Marks hair when he started waking up. "Hi Mark" I looked up to me and fell back to sleep for a minute. I didn't see him wake up the second time so I sat there. He sat up and walked out to the hall to do laundry. I sat up and felt hot. "Can you turn down the air, its hot" he let out a sigh and walked back in. I changed into shorts and tee. "I need to find a job" Mark looked over to me surprised. "We need one more person to take this spot." In case you didn't know, Mark in apart of a Mafia group in Tallahassee so he was gone some weeks. My eyes brightened up and I said yes. He messaged his boss and he said that I could meet with them tomorrow afternoon 'good I didn't have to get up so early.' "Thats the best part about the job I have, I don't have to wake up early." I hummed at his statement. Mark and I had leftovers for dinner and watched more of the walking dead. He kept shying away at some parts 'little baby' I was playing with his hair while he was laying down. The night went by slowly. I took a shower while Mark was getting to bed. I walked out to see him passed out on the clothes. "Oh my gosh, he is so tired, not even a nap could keep him up" I nudged him so he could wake up and move to a more comfortable spot. He didn't move. "Ok more bed for me" I pulled the covers over my head and slept.
I felt warm hands wrap around me at about 8 in the morning. My eyes fluttered open and saw a bright light shinning in. "Can you close the curtains?" I said sounding sleepy. Mark got up without saying a word and closed them. "Thank you" he laid back down and cuddled me more. We both fell asleep me in his arms. Felt like a fantasy. When I woke up again Mark was gone. I walked downstairs and to the kitchen. I grabbed water and drank it. I was only in my bra and shorts. when I looked into the living room to see Mark and three other guys. What that actual fuck. I Sprinted out of the living room into our bedroom. My face was red I decided to get dressed. I put on some stretchable leggings and a short tang top. I did my hair and walked back down there. They were still There, "Haven come sit with us" I walked over to Mark and sat beside him. "Guys this is Haven, and Haven this is Trey, Scott, and Jayden. Jayden had his eye on me. I did have to admit, he look very familiar. After some time Mark and I had to leave we were driving to Lake city for a meet up with his Mafia group. We sat in the car and he told me what to do and what not to do. I had to make a note in my head with it all. After about a two hour drive we stopped at a building. "If anyone tries to hurt you, yell my name" 'why would the want to hurt me?' I was now scared when he said that. When we walked in I saw lots of men. They saw me walk in. I was pulled to the side to be talked to about some things. This man tall with fluffy brown hair, didn't look interesting. Led me into another room. "You need to change into this" it was a white blouse with black pants and a belt. 'Ugh ok' I quickly put it on and was led out by him to sit with the men. "This is Haven she will be joining us for this trip. You will partnered with someone and thats who you will be working with for 4 months" I look around the table and saw everyone talking. I sat silent because Im not a social person. "So whoever I partner you with is you you will get for four months, no changing who you got. So we shall begin. Percy with Charlie, Tommy with Greyson, Jack with Dominic, Haven with Mark, and lastly Davin with Watson. Mark walked to me and grabbed my hand "well we have each other for this" I nodded. We all had to go to a party with another Mafia group in Tampa. I looked like I was the only girl. After the meet I was called to the Leaders office. Oh my god. What did I do. "I'll wait out here for you" Mark said assuring me. I walked in and he told me to take a seat.
"So, You must be Haven Davey?" "Yes sir, I am" "well can I get a little background information about you?" "Well um yes of course, I grew up in California with my adoptive father alone. He is a killer and likes to murder people then do experiments on their corpse. I moved here because of Mark, we are dating." He paused me. "You and Mark are dating?" He said giving me a glare. "Yes we are, we have been for about 7 months." He nodded. "Continue.." "I have murder approximately 3 people in the past few months." "Three people. Dang" he seemed surprised probably because I'm a girl. "Ok thank you for your information, I will see you soon" he dismissed me and me and Mark left.
I don't think Mark was surprised at the fact that I made it. The party was this Saturday, it is currently Monday and the leader said he delivered a dress for me.
The next day I was out walking when a group of men watched me. They tried to cat call me but I pulled my knife out and threatened to kill them. They weren't surprised. "Aww she thinks she is so tough and scary" one of them saw my face turn angry "dude stop taunting her she could throw the knife right now" "oh my gosh stop being a baby, she doesn't have the guts" I had enough and threw the knife at him. It landed in his thigh. He let out a scream and pulled the knife out his thigh. "Yeah don't think I have the guts huh? Think before you act asshole." The knife had blood all on it. My house wasn't to far so I could walk to the house and wipe the blood off. i walked into the door and Mark saw the knife. "Um Haven what did you do?" I threw the knife into the sink and rinsed it was soap and water. "Oh these boys were being annoying so I stabbed him!" His facial expression changed. "Thats my girl" he hugged me and I let the knife dry. I took a shower before we went on a date. I had a little dress on with sandals and Mark had a grey shirt with some jeans and a jacket. We sat at a fancy restaurant when someone came up to us. He had a bandage around his thigh. "Hi, can I take your order for today?" I looked at Mark and gestured him to look at the bandage. I pointed to what I wanted and Mark told the boy taking our order. "Is that the boy you stabbed this morning?" I nodded. "Oh wow"  we talked and had a good laugh about something. When our food arrived I looked at my food and saw a letter under the plate. It was a number. "Dude why can't I do anything without getting hit on" I handed Mark the note. He nodded and tucked it into his pocket. We finished our meal and I paid for it. We walked around the water front for a while. We sat at a picnic table and took some pictures. The wind was perfect and the temperature was too. The sunset was a beautiful purple with some blue in it and the moon was rising with the sun setting. We kept walking until we got to a little beach access. "Want to walk for a bit?" Mark asked me. "Yeah sure." I threw my shoes into the dunes and so did Mark. We walk and admired the scenery. I was having fun until a sharp pain pierced my stomach. I didn't yell not wanting to ruin this, but the pain wouldn't stop. "DID HE POISON MY FOOD?" I told Mark I wanted to leave. I got into the front of the truck and Mark was fine but I wasn't. My insides were about to be thrown up. When we got home I ran for the tums. I wasn't feeling good. "MARRRRRRKKKKK!" I screamed. He rushed in "WHATS WRONG ARE YOU OK?" I shook my head and said that the waiter might have poisoned my food. Mark was fed up with him and texted the number trying to act like me. I tried to sleep but I felt not good. I was throwing up nonstop. At one point I was throwing up stomach fluids. Mark insisted we went to the hospital but I said no. I finally fell asleep Mark was still up all night. The next morning I couldn't move it was stiff. Mark wasn't in bed so I attempted to move. Nope nothing my body was sore and I felt like I was burning up. After 30 minutes Mark walked in and saw my wide awake. "HAVEN YOUR PALE" He rushed me into the hospital. He was by my side the entire time. "I was put on an IV pole and a feeding tube. I wasn't aloud to eat solid foods or I would throw it up again.
I was in the hospital for a few days, it was Thursday but the time I was released. When we got to the house there was a box. That might be my dress I thought to myself. Mark brought it in and we opened it. It was a red dress with a long back. I was to wear black shoes with it so. It was very pretty actually. I had to go to the store to grab something for our trip. As I was walking down the isle I saw a familiar face. It was a girl with brown hair and blue eyes and she was looking at me too. "Hello?" I said acting like I didn't know who she was, I didn't want any human interaction. She walks to me "are you Haven Davey?" I had a heart attack at that question. "Maybe why?" She looked at my eyes. "Do you remember me?" "No to be honest." "Im Lola." "WHAT!" She is everywhere I am. I need to get rid of her. "Oh hey Lola nice to see you!" She came to me and handed me a invitation. "Im getting married here, Glad I ran into you here." What just happened, I met my old best friend now I'm being invited to a wedding? I got home and Mark was on the computer typing when I walked in. "I just met my friend from middle school and she invited me to her wedding. Mark looked up to me confused. "Wait huh?" "Yeah I know" I threw him the invitation. "Thats weird?!" I nodded and handed him what he needed. I got onto my phone and scrolled instagram for a bit. I was tired and had nothing to do so I took a walk. "Be careful please!" He yelled before I left. Walking down to the park I saw people walking and running, I had my music in my ears so I couldn't hear anything. A bit of time passed and I decided to walk back. We are leaving tomorrow so I decided to take a shower before hand. I got home and Mark was upstairs packing his bag. 'I will do it after my shower.' During it I washing out my shampoo when Mark walked in. "Just grabbing my comb." He scared me because he just busted through the door. I finished up the shower and walked into our room. He was done packing so I had the room to pack my stuff. "I bet you like the view" I said annoyed. Mark laughed. "You bet I do" I rolled my eyes and finished getting dressed. I grabbed my suitcase from the closet and threw my dress into it along with 4 other outfits and two pairs of shoes. I would pack my makeup tomorrow. I walked downstairs to grab water when I saw Thomas laying at the door, I thought he wanted to be let out. I pulled the door open and saw something in the backyard. I froze and immediately shut the door. Thomas started to bark when he saw the figure in the yard. I sprinted up the steps and told Mark something is in the yard. "What do you mean in the yard" he jumped up and saw a human figure standing by the place we buried Trevors ashes. He stood there for a while. Mark grabbed his gun and walked downstairs. I grabbed mine and followed behind. Thomas was still at the door waiting to be let out. He let Thomas out but he was too scared to go up to it. "Stay here" I had my gun loaded incase the object tried to attack him or me. He went up to it and it started to turn. Mark froze for a minute and looked to me. I shrugged my shoulders and looked around only to see that he was behind me. I screamed at the top of my lungs and fell back. I felt something crack. Thomas started running for the door and Mark was helping me up. The figure was gone. "What was that?" I said hopping up on one leg "it might have been Trevor looking for you" I was confused but I was more focused on the blood dripping down my leg. Damn it I said all pissed off. Mark helped me clean it up and I couldn't stop thinking about what happened. I fell asleep next to Mark scrolling his phone. What the hell happened.
Around 3 am Thomas was barking again. My leg was in massive pain. "Go see what he wants" Mark groans and gets up. A second later I heard the door open. I suppose Mark let Thomas out. I heard Thomas barking again. I got up and saw the figure was back. What the fuck. I waddle downstairs and look out to see if he was still there, he was and I'm interested in it still, I looked around for Mark but he wasn't around. Mark didn't put his gun away last night so I used his. I quickly and quietly opened the door and walked up to the figure he didn't see me so I attempted to tap his shoulder but Thomas started to bark. Thats when the figure turned to see me. AHHH. His face was covered in burn marks and had blood running down his face. It walked towards me and I ran inside. Mark didn't hear my scream so I dropped his gun a left. I was shaking so I just sat downstairs for the reminder of the time. I let Thomas inside and sat on the couch. "Was that really Trevor?" I didn't stop contemplating about it. I just wanted to get rid of whatever it was.