Part 6 - The End Of Time

The New loki variant, president one apparently, had brought an army and now stood in front of them with his arms out stretched and the one with the hammer wearing a similar smirk.

"Apologies, my liege. I betrayed you, and now, I'm king." Said the hammer Loki "About that..." said the president one and suddenly all his armys weapons were pointed at the hammer one.

"You can't be serious." He Protested Come on. "What did you expect?" Smirked the President "That was not the bargain! I gave you our location. In exchange for shelter and supplies, you give me your army and I take the throne." Exclaimed the hammer Loki.

"Ah, yes. Not so good a bargain. How about this one? My army, my throne" retorted the president "About that." Said one of the army and all weapons were pointed at the president "Why you beef-witted, half-faced scrubs. We had a deal! For God's sake!" He yelled.

The alligator loki, clearly as fed up with the situation as every one else, growled maliciously drawing attention to himself.

"Why the hell is there an alligator in here?" Shouted President Loki "He's a Loki!" Apparently the alligator took the president's comment personally because he took it out on his arm causing even more havoc.

A vicious fight ensued. The older Loki opened a portal that he jumped through followed by the child. Absantine glanced at Loki who nodded confirming that they should follow.

"Animals, animals! We lie and we cheat, we cut the throat of every person who trusts us, and for what? Power. Glorious power." Spat the older Loki bitterly when they entered the portal. "Glorious purpose! We cannot change. We're broken, every version of us. Forever. And whenever one of us dares try to fix themselves, they're sent here to die." Agreed the child.

"That's why we need to get out of here. Nothing can change until the TVA is stopped." Said Absantine while Loki nodded in agreement.

"And you two trust her?" Asked Old Loki  "She's the only other one I do trust. And right now, I believe she's our only chance of stopping the TVA." Said Loki.

"That's good enough for me." "Okay, okay. We'll help you. But approaching Alioth is a death sentence. We'll get you to it, but that's as far as we go." The God and Assassin agreed, it was better than nothing.

"I have to say, it feels odd walking toward the gargantuan creature. Do you have a plan of action?" Inquired Old Loki "Get inside, find its heart or brain or whatever, and then, you know, do it in." Absantine raised a judgemental eyebrow at him which he shrugged off.

"I mean... Just because it's not complicated doesn't mean it's bad. It also doesn't mean it's good." The alligator growled "See? He's on board." Loki said enthusiastically "He's praying." Corrected old Loki "He thinks we're going to die.". "Lovely" murmured Absantine.

A ship appeared in the distance "Alioth is like any animal. He'll go after the big meal first. And while he's busy with that, we can sneak around the back and..." Loki trailed off as the monster devoured the ship immediately.

"Okay. Maybe we, uh... think a bit more about this" said Absantine.

"Car." Said the child "What?" "Along the horizon." "Is that bad?" Asked Loki   Well, usually means cannibalistic marauders or cannibalistic pirates." Supplied the child.

"Delightful."

"Now they're slowing down." "You don't have to narrate their every move" interrupted Absantine.

"What are they doing? Just stay on guard." Loki's eyes widened as the car stopped "Sylvie." He whispered before running towards the car "I don't understand. Is he a coward or was he being brave?" Asked Old Loki "he's an idiot ninety percent of the time but right now he's semi sane" replied Absantine.

They two Loki's and the widow began to walk towards the group and Loki quickly noticed them "Oh, no, wait, wait, wait, these are my friends. Well, they're, um... How best to put this? Us as a child, us in the future, and us as an alligator. It's best not to question it, and you know Absantine" Mobius smirked when he saw the Russian "Hey Bellatrix" "don't call me that".

"So you're all after the giant cloud monster, too, then?" Asked Sylvie "Well, we haven't decided how we're going to kill it, but..." "his plan is ridiculous" said Absantine "wow thanks for the support" Loki muttered sarcastically "your welcome".

"Come again? Kill it?" "Yes, we're gonna kill Alioth."

"Oh, my God. That was your plan. Yeah. And you went along with it?" " I had my doubts." Defended the kid. "All right, well, what's your plan, then?" Loki asked Sylvie "I think the person we're after is beyond The Void at the end of time. And if they are, that thing is just their guard dog protecting the only way in." She replied "Okay, so, how do we get past the guard dog?" Asked Abby.

"I'm gonna enchant it." Loki's laugh was not subtle. "That's insane, right?" "As insane as what? Paper-cutting a cloud to death?".

"Listen, I've been down here longer than you..." the widow couldn't help but roll her eyes at their immaturity.

"I'm going to enchant it." Repeated Sylvie "She's pretty confident." Agreed Mobius.

"The TVA needs to be brought down. We don't know who created it or where they are, but that thing out there does. When it hit me earlier, I linked to it. It was brief, but I caught a glimpse of something, and I think if I can get close enough to it, I can enchant it, and it's gonna take me to whoever's behind all of this." They stood close to aAlioth Sylvie explained her plan. "I'm staying." Decided Loki suddenly.

"Loki, I don't know if this is gonna work." "You go, I go, what about you" he asked turning to Absantine "well I've come this far" she said with a small smile which he returned.

"It's happening, guys. The branch will be right out there. I'll give your regards to Renslayer." Said Mobius opening a time door "Oh, please do." Laughed Absantine.

"You boys want a ticket out of here?" The Agent asked the other variants "What? No. We're staying here. This is our home." They replied "Are you sure? What about Alioth?" He asked, concerned "We've survived this long. We know what we're doing." They reassured him.

"Loki, you're gonna need this on your journey." Said the child holding out a flaming dagger, the older variant smiled at the gesture.

"Looks like you got away in the end." Said Mobius.

"I always do".

"What will you do at the TVA?" "Burn it to the ground. Thanks for the spark. Well, see you later,Absantine Loki."

On impulse, the god hugged the agent "Thank you, my friend." He said  "You're my favorite." Mobius whisperedto sylvie before turning to Absantine "see ya venom".

And so they proceeded to successfully enchant alioth, and make their way to the citadel at the end of time. This was it. This was the end of time.

~~~~~~~
Absantine clashed swords with Sylvie "think about this!" She cried "there's nothing to consider, I what him dead" yelled sylvie in response, she opened a time door and shoved Absantine roughly through it.

The fight continued between the two variants.

"I promise you from my heart this isn't about a throne." Panted Loki "What was I thinking trusting you? Has this whole thing been a con?" Hissed Sylvie "Really? That's what you think of me... after all this time? Sure. Why not? Evil Loki's master plan comes together." The man was hurt but did his best not let it show.

"Well, you never trusted me, did you? What was the point? Can't you see? This is bigger than our experience. Why aren't we seeing this the same way?" Exclaimed Sylvie "Because you can't trust... and I can't be trusted." Admitted Loki.

"Then I guess we're in a pickle." Sylvie agreed.

She attacked him again.

"Sylvie, wait. Wait. Sylvie. Sylvie.  Maybe he's lying! Maybe he's not. The cost of getting this wrong is too great."  Loki yelled " Fine. Do it. Kill me. Take your throne." She shouted "No".

She dove for he who remains.

"Sylvie, stop." Their swords clashed "Stop.  Stop.  I've been where you are. I've felt what you feel. Don't ask me how I know. All I know... is I don't wanna hurt you. I don't want a throne. I just... I just want you to be okay. " she pulled him in suddenly and passionately kissed him before pulling away "But I'm not you."