Author's Notes

BLURB:

Ever wonder what it would be like if the cutthroat politics associated with the Iron Throne was integrated into the large expanse of the space opera Star Wars? No? Well, this is the brutal and bloody royal squabble no one asked for, but you're getting it anyway! Original Characters and Planets!

CODEX:

The Codex contains trivia, facts and eventually character bio's for The Rebel Queen series. The codex contains short summaries of key factors about the planet, politics and peoples of Thesmora, homeworld of the Thesmori people (coloquially refered to as "Thessi" in story), which is an original planet in this story.

INSPIRATION:

During my research of Polynesian and Native cultures--which inspired and influenced a lot of Thesmora's cultural and phenotypical features--I came upon an interesting cause that I will link below and hope you check out. I make it a habit to link causes/articles/petitions of interest which aren't getting much global coverage at the end of each chapter in my AO3--because this whole fic wouldn't exist in its current form without these cultures. Feel free to let me know of any causes you're passionate about, lovely readers.

Protect Manua Keia (http://www.kahea.org/): In the 1960s, Hawai'i agreed to share two of its highest and most sacred mountaintops with a small community of astronomers. Today, an expanding industrial footprint of roads, buildings, people, parking, and ever-larger telescopes populate these summits--all while cultural landscape and native habitat are being irreplaceably lost. With your help, a better future is possible.