Off On A Quest

A horn sounded early in the morning, waking nearly all the demigods in camp. Jason heard Chloe, his 11 year old sister, groan in annoyance.

"Why do they have to be here so early?" she complained, sitting up in her cot. Her platinum blonde hair was sticking out in odd places as she rubbed her electric blue eyes. A trait they all shared.

"Who?" Jason asked.

"The Hunters of Artemis," Chloe said. "The oracle is a Hunter, so you need to talk to her in order to get your quest started." She yawned. "I'm sure Michael or Percy are already meeting them. They have to get up stupidly early cause of their kids."

"You'd better go," said their brother, Callum, from his cot. He had dark hair sprinkled with gray, even though he was only 13 years old. "They'll be waiting for you."

He changed clothes and checked his reflection in Zeus's shield. His face looked watery and strange in the metal, like he was dissolving in a pool of gold.

"Good enough," Chloe decided for him. She pushed him towards the door. "Go on, now. I promise our sister won't bite."

"Sister?"

"Yeah. Thalia is Artemis's lieutenant."

Jason frowned. Thalia. Why did that name sound so familiar?

He made his way outside before Chloe could complain more. As annoying as she could be, Jason was glad that he wasn't the only one in the cabin. Having a sister and brother was...different to what he was used to. Being here at Camp Half-Blood made him feel welcome. Loved even.

He walked past the campfire where he saw two young girls playing. They looked around seven or eight years old. One had dark hair while the other had blonde hair. They glanced at Jason as he passed and the dark haired one hid behind the other's back.

Ahead of him was a group of about forty girls in silver clothing, accompanied as they walked towards the cabins by Michael and a girl who looked similar to him, except her hair was two different colors-brown with streaks of blonde.

Michael noticed him first. "Ah, Jason! ¡Buenos días! Did you sleep well last night?"

Jason nodded. "Aside from Callum's snores, it was all right."

Michael smiled. "Great to hear!" An auburn haired girl coughed, making his smile drop slightly. "Oh, right! Jason, these are the Hunters of Artemis." He gestured to them. Some of the girls waved to him, others glared.

"...hi," Jason said awkwardly.

"Don't mind their hostility," Michael said. "Most of these girls don't like men-hate them, even. They've sworn off the company of men and any type of romantic or sexual relationships in exchange for following my cousin, Artemis."

"You'll never not be fascinated by that, will you?" said the auburn haired girl. She faced Jason. "I am Artemis, goddess of the moon and hunt. You will refer to me as Lady Artemis at all times, got it?"

Jason nodded quickly and the girl who looked like Michael laughed.

"Don't be so harsh, Arty," she chided. "He's brand new to this." She turned to Jason. "I'm Aelin." She pointed at Michael. "He's my father."

"He's not as new as you think, Aelin," Artemis corrected. "He's been through enough to know to respect the gods. Now, I heard that you need a prophecy?"

Jason looked to Michael, who nodded. "Yes, Lady Artemis."

She smiled, like she liked being called that. "Alright. Mimi! You're up!"

A dark haired girl stepped forward. She looked expectantly at Jason.

"Ask," Michael whispered.

Jason started. "Oh, right." He cleared his throat. "How can I save Lady Hera?"