The Wolf House

When the group came to, they were in a wooded area. Everyone groaned and helped their heads as they sat up.

"You're half a mile south of the Wolf House," said a feminine voice that bounced around the woods. "Artemis's Hunters are there now, engaging Lycaon and his pack, along with a number of Gaea minions. If you truly need me, I will be there."

Aelin smiled. "Thank you, 'thena!" she shouted at the sky.

Jason and Leo stared at her. "Athena helped us?" Jason asked. "Why?"

Aelin smiled shyly. "Well, she's my girlfriend. She's not as affectionate as Artemis, but she definitely won't let me die."

"So you're dating two goddesses?" Leo asked. Aelin nodded. "Man, I want your life."

"You really don't." Aelin stood up before helping Aria to her feet. "Do you really want to deal with my father a much as I do?"

Leo thought about it. "You know what, maybe I don't."

Aelin laughed. "Let's get moving. You heard 'thena. Thalia and the Hunters are already at the Wolf House!"

Jason's eyes widened at hearing his sister was in trouble. He also couldn't shake the feeling this place seemed so familiar to him.

"What are we waiting for? Lead the way, Aelin." Jason said, climbing to his feet.

The legacy nodded before running off into the woods with her four companions hot on her trail.

After a short five minute run, the sound of metal clashing and the familiar twang of bow strings reached Aelin's ears. She broke through the edge of the wilderness where she could make out the hunters doing what they could to hold back a large force of Lycaon's wolves and Earthborn through the fog and mist.

Thalia appeared from the fog, her parka caked with snow. Her bow was in her hand, and her quiver was almost empty. She ran toward them, but made it only a few steps before a six-armed ogre-one of the Earthborn-burst out of the storm behind her, a raised club in each hand.

"Look out!" Leo yelled. He rushed forward to help, but Thalia had it under control. She launched herself into a flip, notching an arrow as she pivoted like a gymnast and landed in a kneeling position. The ogre got a silver arrow right between the eyes and melted into a pile of clay.

Thalia stood and retrieved her arrow, but the point had snapped off. "That was my last one." She kicked the pile of clay resentfully. "Stupid monster."

"Nice shot, though," Leo said.

She ignored him. "Just in time. My Hunters are holding a perimeter around the mansion, but we'll be overrun any minute."

"What are we up against?" Aelin asked, stepping forward.

"Werewolves and earthborns," Thalia explained. "We took the Wolf House with no problem, but then this freak snowstorm blew in and wave after wave of monsters started attacking. Now we're surrounded. I don't know who or what is leading the assault, but they must've planned this. It was a trap for anyone who tried to rescue Hera."

"Where is Hera?" Jason asked.

"She's inside," Thalia said. "Nico, Zoë, and Lilly are guarding her at the moment. We've tried to free her, but we can't figure out how to break the cage. There's only a few minutes more before the sun goes down. Hera believes that's the moment when Porphyrion will be reborn. Plus, most monsters are stronger at night."

"Wish we had Dad or Mamma," Aelin muttered. "They're stronger at night, too."

They followed Thalia towards the Wolf House when another Earthborn rose out of the ground. Before anyone could react, a pink shield was wedged in the side of its head, splitting it in two.