A Fight For Life

Before they could say anything else, both giants attacked. Lilly backtracked, leading Otis towards the artificial lake.

Ephialtes charged at Killian, who spun out of the way of the giant's thrust. He swung his sword down, pushing the giant's spear into the ground, causing him to stumble a bit. Killian didn't hesitate as he charged, stabbing his sword into the back of the giant's knee, causing it to buckle.

Ephialtes roared in pain, swinging the spear wildly, but Killian ducked then rolled back and climbed to his feet.

Ephialtes pulled the spear out of his leg with a bellow of pain before hurling it at Killian who jumped to the side. Killian burst into flames, reappearing a bit further away.

Before Ephialtes could react, Killian charged at him. The giant braced for his attack, but Killian rolled in between his legs. Once behind him, Killian took out his ax and threw it at Otis, who was pressing Lilly back as he tried to run her through with his spear.

The ax flew straight into the giant's side, causing him to stumble. Lilly suddenly lunged forward, slashing at Otis with her sword. Ichor began to pour from the deep gash in his thigh.

Killian ducked as Ephialtes tried to backhand him. He sliced upward with his sword, cutting deeply into the giant's wrist but not taking it off. Ephialtes yelled in pain and back off, but Killian wasn't done. He charged the wounded giant and jumped, ready to stab him, but was suddenly hit by some unseen force.

Killian tumbled across the ground before flipping to his feet and skidding to a stop. He looked around wildly for what hit him, but spotted nothing. His eyes narrowed as he looked at Dionysus, who stared back with malicious amusement.

Ajax had made his reappearance and was helping Lilly with Otis. The Risen Warrior ducked under Otis's thrust, which clanged off Lilly's unbreakable shield. He swiped upward with his spear, forcing the giant back a step. He feinted a thrust, ducking as Lilly jumped off his back, sword raised. Just as her sword started to pierce Otis's chest, she, too, was knocked back by an invisible force.

Otis looked around in surprise, which made Killian sure that it wasn't the giants doing it.

Ephialtes suddenly came into view, spear in hand. Killian's eyes widened before he jumped back, Ephialtes's spear cracking the earth where he had been a moment ago.

Killian lunged forward, but Ephialtes blocked his strike with his spear. The giant spun his spear, twisting Vorkna out of Killian's grip. Killian unsheathed his dagger and thrust forward, stabbing the giant's hand as he tried to grab Killian.

He howled in pain and stumbled back, shaking his hand and getting ichor everywhere.

Killian jumped forward and put his hands on either side of the giant's head. Ephialtes stared at him for a second before his eyes widened. Before he could shout, his head imploded in a burst of fire.

Killian jumped back as Ephialtes's body crumbled to dust. He wiped the ichor out of his eyes and grabbed his sword. He was about to run to Lilly and Ajax when a hand wrapped around his leg. He looked down and saw an earthen arm gripping his ankle.

He tried to pull free but was suddenly yanked backward. He fell to the ground, losing his grip on his sword and dagger. The earthen hand began to lift him up, and in a panic, Killian grasped wildly at his weapons. His fingers had barely tightened around his sword when the hand began to swing him around.

Killian grimaced in pain as he was swung around by his ankle. It felt like his leg was being pulled from the rest of his body.

The swinging suddenly stopped, but before Killian could be relieved, it smashed him into the ground. Everything went black for a second. When he came to, his body felt like it had been smashed into the ground twenty some-odd times.