Chapter Twenty Eight- Broken Pieces

The akuma attack happened right after the history exam, when the Local Losers were starting on their way home. Once again, the gang were separated by the onslaught of students, although Ten and Kat very quickly found Raph again. They appeared in front of him from out of nowhere, right as he'd been about to transform.

"We don't need you for this one," Kato told him. "The Artist Twins seem like a pretty minor threat at the moment."

"Alright." Raph replied warily, remembering what Li had told him.

"We'll come and get you if we need you." Ten assured him.

"No problem."

He needed to find Li anyway, ask her how the music exam went. And so he started off looking for her.

Meanwhile, Li had transformed into Melapis, and was following Tentochu along the rooftops, Feleden by her side.

"You okay?" Fel asked her in concern. They felt Mela was a little quiet: too quiet.

"Just thinking," she replied. "I owe Simia a few bruises."

"What did he do?"

"He hurt-" Fel saw her hesitate. She shook her head, started again. "You ever heard the only thing stronger than a lover's love is lover's hate?" Simia had hurt Raphael?

"Medea."

"Exactly."

"You're angry."

"Oh no," Mela chuckled darkly. "I'm furious."

That was when Ten started to slow down. Mela and Fel followed suit, staring out at the rooftops. Kato was fending off all five villains at once (including the Twins).

"That's impressive." Mela commented. Ten nodded, still staring.

"Will he last very long though?" Fel pointed out, jerking him out of his thought track.

"No." Mela agreed, leaping forward with Ten to attack. She went straight for Hydra and Simia, pure fury in its real, human form. Ten went for Farfalla, leaving the Twins to Fel and Kato.

"You alright?" she asked.

"I'd be a lot better if we got this finished."

"Agreed. Mel! We need you!"

Mela executed a perfect back flip, landing between them.

"Which one has the akuma?"

"Brunette," Kato replied. "Sketchpad."

Mela called on her power, successfully immobilising the indicated Twin. Fel took the chance to snatch the sketchpad from her hand, tossing it over to Kato.

Kato activated her power and caught the sketchpad, watching the akuma flutter out. Ten stopped fighting to catch it with his yoyo, purifying the akuma. He turned to find that Fel and Kato had his back, and were fighting Farfalla together, while Melapis was focused on Simia and Hydra. Ten could see she was starting to tire, though she kept going through sheer will.

"Mela!"

"What?"

"Take the Twins home," he stepped forward, blocking a punch from Hydra. "Find a place to de-transform, I'll come and find you."