Chapter Eighteen-Cloudy Skies

Indra and Luc had...well, you wouldn't want to know. It was probably a bad idea to let those two go off together.

"So?" Indra asked, easily keeping pace with Luc as they ran together. "Feeling anxious now?" Luc laughed wildly in response, feeling that wonderful sensation of joy bubbling inside them. All they needed was a proper source for their anxiety: a way of releasing pent up emotion.

And that was when Altan appeared in front of them, apparently out of nowhere, his arms folded across his chest.

"What happened?" Luc and Indra skidded to a halt, only just managing to stop themselves from knocking him over.

"Whoah-oh, hey Altan!" Luc greeted him cheerfully, acting like they hadn't just been running for their lives.

"You did something chaotic, didn't you?" Altan sighed. Indra and Luc looked at each other, a silent stand off reigning between them.

"Well-"

"He did it." Luc interrupted her.

"I did not!" Indra protested, thus starting an argument.

"Yeah, no, I'm not dealing with this," Li spoke up from behind Luc, a smirk at her lips. "All yours, Al."

"Hey!" Altan was already regretting his decision.

"You wanted this." Li shrugged.

That was when Raph arrived, turning up at Li's side.

"Can you both shut up, please?" he addressed Luc and Indra, annoyance clear in his voice. "Li has a headache."

They did not.

"Everyone, shut the fuck up, Altan wants to speak!" Ansel snapped suddenly. There was a dead silence, as everyone turned to look at her.

"Did you just swear?" Indra gaped.

"You weren't being quiet." Indra opened and closed her mouth, speechless, and consequently looking like a fish. Ansel turned and smiled at Altan. "Go ahead."

"Right..." Altan cleared his throat, recovering his composure. "Well, as of today, I'm the one in charge."

"You're what?" Luc asked.

"I'm taking a break from you heathens," Li piped up. "So you better behave for Altan."

"A break?"

"A week." There was a pause. Then everyone started talking over each other again, discussing the new change. Altan tried and failed to get them to shut up.

Li nudged him in the side.

"Look, you gotta be meaner, okay?" she hissed. "You don't have to shout, just use the disapproving dad stare."

"The what?" he frowned.

"The disapproving dad stare. I've seen it before, you use it on Indra when she's drunk too much."

"Uh..."

"What, you think Raph's likely to be the dad friend?" she scoffed incredulously. "Look, I'm not saying you're my type, cause you're far from it. Just be a little meaner, they'll listen to you."

"Oka-wait, I'm not your type?" She rolled her eyes playfully.

"Shut up."

"Yes, ma'am," he saluted her, then turned back to the others. "Everyone, quiet!" Their voices slowly died down, as they returned their attention to Altan. He opened his mouth to speak, when two guards walked up to them.

Long story short, they got kicked out, thanks to Indra and Luc.