Chapter Sixteen-The Calm

A/N: Pic is Li's tattoo

Now, let us back track a little bit to the fight. Feleden and Kacchue were proving to be a pretty good team, despite the fact that Simia hadn't come down from the high of a sugar rush.

"Have you tried maccarons? You should really try maccarons," he babbled, throwing himself into a cartwheel to avoid Kacchue's high kick. "They are freaking AWESOME! The brown ones are best, especially when they're sort of soft and crunchy at the same time. You know what's also soft? Pillows! Obviously duck feather ones are best, have you met Jerry in the park? He's a duck, blood thirsty little beast though."

"Use your power." Fel hissed at their partner. This was the fourth time they'd used second chance.

"Shell-ter!" A green forcefield sprung up, enclosing them in a protective dome.

"Uproar!" Simia threw his staff up into the air, and tossed a toy monkey at them. Fortunately, it bounced harmlessly off the shield.

"Aw," Simia pouted. "You're no fun."

"This isn't supposed to be fun." Kacchue pointed out through gritted teeth.

"I disagree!"

Fel sighed long-sufferingly, running their fingers over the strings of their lute, distracting Simia long enough for Kacchue to hit him over the head with her shield. Simia fell over backwards, raising a hand to his head.

Before he could open his mouth, the two heroes were restraining him.

"Get off me!" he growled, desperately fighting their grip.

"How about....no?" Fel replied calmly, twisting his arm behind his back as if it were an everyday occurrence.

"Yeah, well, that wasn't a question." Unfortunately for him, Kacchue took the chance to push him from behind, bringing her foot down on his back to keep him sprawled on the ground. Fel dropped his arm and crouched down in front of him.

"You were saying?"

Simia screamed, a raw, furious cry that would have chilled you to the bone if you'd had the misfortune to hear it.

"What the-?" A purple and blue blur shot past the heroes before Fel could finish their question. They blinked, and Simia was gone.

"So he does care about someone other than himself." The two turned to see Tigris standing there, Ten and Kato by his side.

"What?" Kacchue frowned.

"Nothing," Tigris looked nervous. "Something a citizen said." Fel glanced at Tentochu for clarification. Ten shrugged.

"Well," Kato drawled, dragging out the vowel. "No point hanging 'round here when there's no villains to fight."

"Agreed," Ten nodded. "Kacchue, follow me."