Chapter Twenty Four- Suspense

Well, I'm gonna need a hell of a lot more popcorn for what happened next. Around the time when Deimos failed to gain Jasper's forgiveness, Luc was getting ready to meet up with Li and Ansel for the theme park. They'd picked out something casual: a teal jumper and blue jeans.

"Hey, Luc," their dad greeted them once they'd appeared downstairs for breakfast. "Going out?"

"Yeah," they snatched a piece of toast out of the toaster, dropping it onto their plate. "Li's gonna pick us up."

"Who's picking the music?"

"Ansel," Luc grinned. "Li's rules. I get shotgun." In Li's car, whoever didn't get the shotgun seat, got to pick the music.

"That sounds fair."

Luc opened their mouth to reply, when the sound of a car horn resounded loudly outside the house.

"Right on time," their dad smiled. "Don't keep her waiting." Luc finished off their toast and slung their bag over their shoulder.

"Bye, dad!"

"See you later, honey! Have a good day!"

"Get in," Li told Luc the moment they'd got to the car. "I have money, we'll get food after."

"Why not before?" Ansel piped up.

"Cause I'm not clearing up after you if you throw up on the rides."

Luc smiled and hopped into the passenger seat.

"Thanks for this, Li."

"You're my best friend, you think I'm gonna let you suffer?" Never, Luc thought with a grin.

Before Li picked Ansel and Luc up, she'd dropped Raph back off at his house. Around the same time the trio were leaving Luc's house, Raphael was reading a book on food tech theory, and somehow managing to have a conversation with Roaar at the same time.

"Well, that was a cute little speech," his kwami commented, shooting him a glare. "Why does she get the whole sob story?"

"Li deserves an apology for how I treated her during the whole Jade thing," he pointed out. "And she's seen me at my worst before. She's not phased and she won't judge."

"You saying I would?"

"I'm saying you're not exactly gentle when it comes to these things."

"Humph." Roaar stuck his tongue out at him. Raph returned it.

That was when Indra rang his phone. Raphael picked up immediately.

"What's up?"

"You seen the news?" His voice shook slightly.

"No, why?"

"Simia's out again, he's hanging out around the Villa Borghese Gardens. Looks like he's alone though."

"It's alright," he heard Altan in the background. "The heroes will protect us." Raphael locked eyes with Roaar.

"Altan's right, we'll be fine," he replied. "But I gotta study for my exams right now. And you should too."

"One night with Li made you all responsible and serious?" No. One night with Li had made him realise just how underappreciated she was. All she wanted was the effort that she gave.

"You're just jealous," he forced a laugh. "Go study, she'll be furious if we fail our exams."

"Don't worry," he could hear the grin in Altan's voice. "I'll keep him busy."

"See you," he hung up before they could reply. "Roaar, stripes on."