The Start to My New Hell

Sitting down at the table with everyone, I feel myself starting to droop from the weight of the news. Apparently, hunting season open up and my head was the big red target. I hear Dog talking and I just can't listen. Thoughts are swirling in my head wondering what to do next, how to keep them safe. I just started to think about leaving when "We have to keep her safe, no matter what it takes. She's family now isn't she?" Leland says with something behind his voice. I look at him and begin to sign my part. 'I can't stay here. I have to go and leave to keep you all safe. That's my goal: to keep you safe.' "You can't leave! You are so important to us and you have so much information! Keeping you here and you helping us is more important!" 

It was that moment that the world broke. I literally felt the whole world shift back to where I was before. Alone. Actually alone wouldn't be able to describe it. I felt the heat creep up my neck and the anger lash out. 'I am not your informant you you can treat like shit. I thought I was more than that but I guess not. Take me back to jail or dump where ever you see please. I refuse to help any of you anymore. Your true colors are showing and it's clear as day. Please take me where you see fit.' Everyone's jaw is dropped and is looking at Leland and I. I tilt my head and narrow my eyes at him waiting for his next move. "Fine. You don't want to help? I'll take you back to jail myself." I lift my arms and put my wrists in front of him. Dog steps in between us trying to relive the tension but it fails. I'm waiting for the cuffs and Leland has his hand on his belt. "You sure you want to do this? You don't have to go, you are more than welcome to stay and we can figure this out." I shake my head and shake my arms to get the message through. I am not there family and they are not mine. Leland and Dog have made that perfectly clear. I am nothing more than information. I feel him shift away and then I feel the biting cold of the cuffs. I turn around before Leland can touch me more and I feel the cuffs digging into my wrists. 

Being lead outside while the kids scream and hearing the girls cry hurts. My heart and my head hurts but I put my head up high. I feel Tim looking at me and giving me a small smile but I turn away. I climb into the back seat and I flinch when the door slams shut. I hang my head for a moment until I hear the other door being opened. I whip my head to find Dog entering the back of the car along with Beth and Tim entering the front of the car. I find myself a little hurt that Leland didn't come but it was for the best. I'm not his girlfriend, not his friend, just an informant giving them the information they needed to help put away bad people. I feel the car starting up and we begin the long drive to the county jail where I will be transferred to Hawaii. 

It's turning into a longer drive then what I thought it was going to be. I hate the pity looks I keep getting from the three in the car and the slight sniffles from Beth. "You know, I always thought of you as family. The moment you walked through the door I saw you for more then the common criminal. You were smart, to smart for your own good. You kept yourself alive through your thick and thin. Leland is mad at the whole situation and he took it out wrong. I figured you should know that." I look at Beth who finished talking and smile at her. I know she's lying to herself and I. I am just information that they needed to take down the bad people. I hear Tim say "What the hell-" I feel myself get slammed from the passenger side and see the glass fly across my eyes. I turn to see Dog holding onto the door for dear life screaming Beth's name. I feel us roll once, twice, three times before we stop, landing on the drivers side. 

I can feel the blood trickle down the right side of my face and I goran from the feeling. I look to my left and see that Dog is passed out and when I face forward, Beth and Tim are slumped forward knocked unconscious. I hear a loud crunch of metal and I feel the sun on my face. I feel someone grabbing my arm and pulling me from the car. It wasn't a nice pull though. It was rough and I feel myself sliding out of this person's grip. I land face first and hear a loud pop from my shoulder. I roll over and look up to see a face. It's a face that I thought I would never see again. "Hello sunshine" Mike says having a smirk across his face. I groan and shoot him a dirty look. "Did you miss me because I have sure as hell missed you" I shake my head and try to give him the finger, although my hands are still cuffed so it proves to be quite difficult. I hear him laugh and start to come towards me. Grabbing my face he makes me look at him "You know, I've been looking for you for a very long time. Due to the fact that I've been looking for you for to long I've lost a lot of business. You now owe me and need to make up that business. But first, we have some catching up to do." Tilting his head to the left he motions for someone to come over. Looking over to the person he motioned I realize it was Dedra's boyfriend Romeo. I could feel my body tense and the next thing I knew, the whole world went black.