Chapter 3: The Start of the Hunt

Walking back into the office, I felt something had shifted while I was outside. It was lighter than it was previously and I was grateful. Walking past Leland, I see him give me a small smile. Giving one back, I sat down next to Tim. I hear Dog come back into the room and get his walking stick. "Alright should we suit up now or later?" I nod my head as he said now. I didn't know what he would do, better to be safe than sorry. "Well than let's gear up then, yeah?" Nodding my head once again, I stood up the same time as Tim. Seeing that everything was one the table, I didn't know what I could or couldn't touch. I saw Tim  grab something and handed it to me. It was a small can of pepper spray. I smiled at him and took it, putting it in my back pocket. I saw a small bag next to Tim's feet and grabbed his attention by pointing to it as to say "What's that?" A look of recognition came across his face and grabbed the bag. Throwing it on my lap, he said "That's your small bag of things you left at the jail. They said that you might need at least one of those items." Not getting what he was he as getting at I opened it. In a small box that had water in it, and a small round object. Realizing what it was, it was the prosthetic that the jail said I couldn't have while I was serving time. Smiling a little, I open the box and open my mouth. Grabbing what little of my tongue I had left, I connected the tongue piece to my tongue. I felt myself sigh and get familiar with the plastic. Realizing that everyone was starting to get up, I got up and followed everyone outside.

Outside I saw people gathering in a circle and I realized that they began to pray. Staying out of the way I heard them start the prayer and then hear Leland "Katherine isn't in the circle?" I see him turn and wave his hand over to me. I shake my head, not because I didn't want to but more of the fact of I don't believe him. Don't get me wrong I believed in him once but it did nothing for me. All it did was fill me with false hope that I didn't need. So I stopped believing in something that wasn't real for me. I saw him breaking away from the circle and come towards me. I began shaking my head more as he came near me. "Come on, you may not believe but you can stand, can't you?" Glaring slightly, I nod my head and I felt him grab my hand. Walking over to them, I stood between Leland and Beth glancing between the two. Sighing I grabbed both of their hands and stood in the prayer circle. "Dear God, please keep us safe today. We are going after someone who is really dangerous and could really hurt us. Thank you for bringing Katherine to us today and helping us out. We hope that you keep her safe and keep her in your thoughts today God. In God's name, Amen" As I heard Dog say his prayer I kept my head down. Hearing my name was something I did not expect, but it felt nice to be felt like I was taken care of.

Breaking out of the circle I walk to the car I arrived in this morning. I felt a pair of hands guide me to another car and open the door for me. Seeing that it was Duane Lee, I gave him a smile and hopped in. Putting on my seat belt, I saw no one else doing it. Instead I was met with an odd look and a "Take off the belt because you can't get out of the car quickly." Shaking my head I took the pad and paper (that they had given me because they don't know sign language) I explained that I gathered be a little slower rather than die in a car crash by flying out the window. I saw an offended expression on Tim's face and then quickly wrote 'No offense, but it's a rule of thumb that I'll always keep.' Seeing him nod made me feel less guilty but I still got an odd look from Dog. Shrugging my shoulders, I looked over Duane Lee and out the window. As we pulled out, I couldn't help but slightly shudder at the feeling at the pit of my stomach. Something was coming and I didn't want to know what storm was coming my way. 

A/N Hey everybody! I know I haven't updated in a minute but I'm back. Writers block is a challenge that's for sure but this is more a filler. Next chapter is going to be filled with a lot so stayed tuned!