9

That's right, you all guessed it. My prayer was not answered. It doesn't matter how close I am. I don't know if it's because fate always plays tricks on me or if it's because I was born unlucky. No matter how much I ask, the result always goes in the opposite direction than hoped for.

"Damn rain. Is it too much work? When I don't call a cab, they stop like they've never worked before." I mumble. As I return to the room after going out to hang my uniform on the balcony. Now I changed into a t-shirt and shorts outfit from Ai Saifah. It seems a little big but I can wear it.

"Even if I had called them, I don't know if they would have brought you."

"Already." I called taxis for almost two hours and no one took me home. I shake my head to stop thinking about it before going to stand in front of the bed and stare at the owner of the room, who is lying there playing some game.

"What's up?" Saifah lifts his head from his phone and looks at me quizzically.

"Where I sleep?"

"Where do you want to sleep? On the floor? I'll get you a blanket."

"I don't want to. I want to sleep on the bed." I climb into bed as soon as I finish talking because I'm afraid he'll actually make me sleep on the floor.

[Eh, but that's how you look for them, XD]

"Then what did you ask me to do?!"

"To be polite." I shrug and then sit next to him. I see what game he is playing but my gaze slides to an object placed on the nightstand next to the bed. My pick bracelet.

"What are you doing?" Saifah reaches out for my bracelet.

"My bracelet?"

"Your what?" Ai Saifah makes a confused face. "I made it, I'm the owner, I'm not giving it to you."

"Don't you want to give it to me? It's mine!" I speak, reaching out to pull the bracelet away but Ai Saifah releases it from my grasp and I can't grab it. "Saifah. Give it back to me."

"Are you sure it's yours?"

"Right."

"I remember you throwing something away earlier, you didn't bring it home with you. Am I wrong?"

"Yes, but I..."

"I...? I don't want it?"

"It is not so!" I reply in a dejected tone. "Give it back to me."

I try to take him again but he avoids my hand and starts annoying me: I know he's teasing me.

"Saifah."

"What is it, Zon?"

How it gets on my nerves!

"Give it back to me. Or do I have to use force?"

"It's an old joke."

"Give me that!" Now I reach out to grab the bracelet. At that moment, I don't think about what could happen, I just want him to give it back to me. I realize that when Ai Saifah raises the hand holding the bracelet up, that's when I think about the kiss again, but it's only for a moment because after seeing a smile on the corner of her lips, I can't help but feel strange.

"Do you think..." Saifah leans close to my ear: "Is it like in the novel?"

My eyes widen at his words. Now I'm not convinced he knows the reason for my nervousness, but why did he suddenly bring this up?