17

"How's it going, Zon? Did you go on your date with Saifah?" Junior asks me when I put my plate on the table. Hell, I didn't even have time to sit down and he's already asking me questions! I remain silent, pretending I didn't hear him and take a spoonful of rice. "Are you silent?"

"He shouldn't have gone with that face." Tentai looks at me with accusing eyes. "I told you so. You didn't go."

"What does whether I go or not have to do with you?"

"It has something to do with it! Your business is as if it were my business."

"..."

"Whatever, don't answer." And what should I answer? What did you trick me into meeting Saifah? That I got caught up in the emotion? I hate confusion but I have to admit that yesterday, when I heard Saifah speak, his words made my heart beat so much that I almost couldn't hold back my feelings.

"Did you finally get the guitar back?" Zen asks me why he might not know that the other three lied to me to make me meet Saifah. Those three make a worried face and swallow hard: I imagine they are afraid that if I told Zen everything, they would receive a good lecture, who would also refuse to help them with their studies. They look at me with pleading eyes and seeing them like that I really want to slap them one by one.

"Not yet," I tell him the truth.

"How come? Or maybe you didn't go to him?"

"Mh, I didn't go." But this is a lie.

"Oh, I knew it. Who's the idiot who said you were definitely going?" Tentai speaks as he glances sideways at Natee.

"I was sure he would go!" Junior backs him up until the person they're talking about pretends to get a drink and looks away.

[Ed. Zon is talking about himself XD]

"Oh, there's Day," Natee says and waves a hand at the guy standing behind me. "Day, this way!"

I don't have the courage to turn around to see if there's anyone else besides Day approaching.

"Hey. How come you're alone?" Junior asks curiously. I turn to look at Day and see that he is indeed alone.

"Maybe he hasn't found his friends"

"Idiot, I can see that."

"Ahah!"

"So, how come? Where are Tor and Saifah?"

"Tor said goodbye a couple of days ago, from the day of the football club concert and he hasn't come back. He said he's not well, but I think he went somewhere. Maybe he went home or maybe he took a vacation."

"It's not like Tor to take a holiday," my friends say in a dubious tone because they know that Tutor only cares about studying and working.

"He might as well have gone home," I reply as the others nod.

"And where is Saifah?"

"Sick."

"Really? How did he do it?"

"Looks like he was in the rain yesterday."

"Eeeh??" My friends' exclamations come in unison, without having planned it. "It was in the rain! Didn't he stay waiting for someone?"

"Yeah... It rained a lot last night!" The voice of those damned people continues to ring in my ears and their behavior makes Day think, who raises an eyebrow in curiosity.

"May I know what you have?"

"Nothing, nothing," Junior is quick to deny. "By the way, are you having lunch with anyone? Sit with us!"