24 (END)

"Sun."

"..."

"What is my boyfriend thinking?" The whisper in my ear makes me jump and I turn to look at him. Saifah smiles and raises an eyebrow in question. I purse my lips when I see that the image in front of me is real.

"Saifah," the voice I use to call him comes out soft, unlike my heart pounding in my chest. I can't put into words the happiness I feel about what just happened. I can't help but hug him before resting my forehead on his chest. Saifah stands still for a moment and then reaches out to pat me softly on the shoulder as if to calm me down.

"What's happening to you? Suddenly you hug me like that... You said you don't like doing things like that, around people."

"..." I don't answer and shake my head. The hand that was clutching his shirt tightens even more, as if I'm afraid that he might move away from me.

"So, what's wrong? Hmm? Do you want to tell me?"

"Do you know what I'm most afraid of right now?"

"..."

"I'm afraid that my life will go back to the way it was before."

"As before how?"

"Like when I didn't have you," I grimace as I look at him smiling. His long fingers slide across my cheek lovingly.

"And wouldn't that be nice?"

"Does it feel good to ask me?"

"Huh?" Saifah smiles.

"Not having you wouldn't be nice, at all."

"The same goes for me. Not having you would be terrible for me too." Saifah pulls me to him and holds me tight. His hand caresses me as if to tell me that he is here and will not leave me.

"Are you two planning on hugging much longer?"

I turn in the direction of the voice I hear coming from behind.

"Tor?"

"It's me. I'm hungry. Shall we go eat?"

"Sure. Lead the way," I reply to Tutor, who turns and starts walking in front of us. I follow him with a less than happy look, until Saifah turns to ask me: "Everything okay?"

"I'm just thinking about Tutor and P'Fight."

"Haven't they made up yet?"

"Yeah... But if what's between you and me is true, then why are things still so bad between Tutor and P'Fight?" I let out a loud sigh, I don't feel great.

"Their problems are bigger than your heart problems."

"Are you insulting me, Saifah?"

"No."

"Your face says otherwise." I shake my head: "But I already told P'Fight everything, I don't know if things are better now."

"We'll have to wait and see."

"But it doesn't seem to be getting any better, because just a moment ago Tor and P'Fight crossed paths and didn't even say hello."

"Maybe they haven't seen each other."

"I don't think so. I think it's because of Sol's novel. If my story ended happily, then Tor's ends badly."

"I thought you stopped being afraid of the novel, Zon. Hurry up, get after Tor. Looks like he wants to talk to us about something today."

"Mh, he told me the same thing." I walk following Tutor, who keeps his back stiff, with a feeling of loneliness: inside me I hope that things aren't as I think. If it's really like Sol said -one couple has a happy ending and the other doesn't-, it must be really painful and I'm not at all happy that if I'm the one getting the happy ending, then it's my friend's story that end badly. I can only pray that P'Fight will return to ease the pain in my friend's heart, that he won't give up, and that they will be happy again.