14

"Enough practice!" Zon exclaims as he comes out of the bathroom wearing soccer shorts and a white t-shirt. His hair is wet because he just took a shower and didn't dry his hair, letting drops of water fall down his shoulders and reach the neck of his shirt. I, who am drying my hair standing in front of the mirror, see it and can't help but frown.

"There's no need. Go to bed, we have to go to the store early tomorrow morning.

"Which one? Do we have a date?"

"Tomorrow is the Saturday before the concert," I reply but he has a confused expression. I knew he wouldn't remember! "You said you were going to buy the guitar. Or have you changed your mind?"

"Oh! I completely forgot! Then I'll go to sleep... I can't get up late tomorrow."

"Wait, Zon."

"What's up?"

"Do you go to sleep with wet hair?"

"They'll dry soon." He looks at me: I have a small towel wrapped around my head.

"I do not want it."

"Ma I forbid it."

"Forbid what, Saifah? That's heavy."

"The pillow you are about to rest your head on even if it is wet, is my room pillow!"

"..."

"So get up and dry your hair. Come on, I'll dry it for you." The fact of the pillow is one thing, but the fear that he might feel bad is another matter.

"Can't you do it for once?"

"No. It sucks."

"Um... You're a neat freak, Saifah." He replies but gets up and comes to my side. He raises his head and makes a tired face: "Dry them for me, Saifah. Please? I don't know in this life I'll be able to dry them again. Ouch!"

I pushed his head and that caused that last sound. He always talks too much but being a chatterbox is his attraction.

"Come on, come here." I pull it to put it in front of me. "I'll dry them for you and we'll hurry."

Before I lower my hand to dry his hair, I feel happy. Even though he says he's annoyed, he lets out a little cry when the hot air hits his ears.

But I'm happy every time I'm with him.

"I'm going to sleep, eh. I'm destroyed, I can't take it anymore." He gets under the covers and I nod. He turns off the light and closes his eyes almost immediately. He falls asleep easily: he puts his head on the pillow and in less than five minutes he's asleep. It could be because he never plays on his cell phone, he doesn't depend on video games. I don't know what he was interested in before now, because as soon as he finishes class he goes home. We didn't meet often. Usually people from different faculties don't meet often. There are times when Zon comes to eat at the Engineering cafeteria, then we meet. Even if we had an issue that made us argue, it was something that allowed me to talk to him. At that time I didn't even have the courage to start talking to him.

"Goodnight, Zon." I bid him goodnight and lean down to place a kiss on his forehead. I stay there for a long time, until he turns towards me and I have to break the kiss. Whenever we sleep together, I always imagine myself doing more than one kiss on the forehead and cheek. I would kiss him on the lips and he would respond happily to my kiss.

But since this is reality, it can't go like this. In the end I have to stop myself.

I can't explain this feeling, I don't even know when it was born. I know Zon through Tutor but what made me interested in him was when I met him through Junior and TenTai. Those two are in my soccer club and they introduced me to Zon: he used to always greet me with a smile. But he never allowed me to approach him and talk to him like I do with the other friends in my group. At the time I was just interested, I wasn't crazy about him yet.