Chapter .25: The Way of the Ninja

An old man with a straw hat and a hooded figure could be seen walking on a road with the old man using his staff as a walking stick. The two were headed to a blacksmith shop called Four Weapons, the sound of a hammer banging on heated metal drawing them in.

Two people were working in the shop. Both were teenagers, one with very spiky hair and wearing appropriate clothing for blacksmithing and another wearing a bright red dress with red lipstick and her hair styled in a bob.

The male was going on about becoming a better blacksmith than his father as the two entered the shop. "Hmmm... Your metal is loud and heavy. Useful to slow one down. Useless in the art of stealth," the old man remarked as he tapped the head of some armor with his staff.

"Not expecting to sell anything to a ninja?" The hooded person asked through their face mask.

"Ninja? Huh, you're a long way from finding a ninja in these parts, you two. And the shop is called 'Four Weapons,' not 'For Browsing.' Either buy something or go peddle your insults somewhere else." The teenager complained as he turned towards the two.

The hooded man just shook his head as the old man huffed. "Thought I'd find something special here." The teens turned to each other as the girl motioned for the other to show the two around the shop.

"If it's something special you're looking for, let me sh-" Before the spiky male could finish, the two were already gone, confusing the teen.

As the farmers wiped the sweat off their heads from a hard day's work in the rice fields, dark, ominous clouds came rolling in. Soon, multiple skeletal-like vehicles, mostly motorcycles, appeared on top of a hill. Three occupants sat in the only large vehicle as one of them seemed very eager to cause mayhem.

"Please let me go first, oh please let me, I'm dying to go!" The eager one-eyed skeleton pleaded.

"You nitwit, you're already dead! Try to control yourself in front of Master Samukai!" The helmeted one reprimanded his spiked-head ally and gestured to the taller skeleton with four arms in the middle. "But with all due respect, last time... You did say... I could go first." His demeanor changed rather quickly when talking to the middle one.

"Sorry boys, but this one is mine," he answered the two. "Just remember what we're after and find that map! Attack!" Samukai commanded as they charged into the small village of Ignacia, terrorizing the people.

As the old man and hooded figure were leaving the village, the attack of the skeletons caught their attention, and they quickly turned back to assist who their true target was.

The spiky teen from before, now armored up, and the woman were fighting side-by-side against the skeletal threat as they soon were separated by Samukai himself. The armored teen attempted to fight the four-armed warrior but was quickly defeated by him, knocking the teen down with a kick.

As Samukai was about to strike the finished blow, the hooded figure came from above and kicked Samukai's chest, forcing the skeleton warrior to step back. The hooded man took out a steel dagger and held it towards his body.

"Come on, you pile of bones, let's see what you got." The figure taunted as the skeleton leader charged at him.

"Ninja, go!" Suddenly a tornado of gold appeared and struck Samukai, knocking him around until he was away from the two. Once the cyclone disappeared it was the old man that came out of it.

"Sensei Wu!" Samukai said once he saw the old man. "Your Spinjitzu looks rusty."

"Nothing like bones to sharpen its edge, Samukai," Wu remarked.

As the two were ready to strike one another again, Samukai noticed the wooden water tower and the still downed armored teen as the figure was distracted by the skeletal grunts swarming him. Samukai threw his daggers at Wu, who dodged them and struck a leg of the water tower and forced it to come down.