500 + 1 + 2.5 + 5 Thousand Thanks

Hello all, and welcome to the 5 K thanks. I honestly never expected this story to be viewed by that many people. This was just my take on all the lore of Ninjago to create and a creative outlet for all my ideas involving a special show in my heart. I didn't think it would get this many reads/views while still in season 1.

As a way of showing my thanks to all of y'all for reading this story, I'd post a thank-you chapter and a sneak peek at a future chapter/s for each milestone: 500, 1, 2.5 thousand, 5 thousand, etc, etc. So today, I will be showing off parts of four future chapters. You may skip these if you don't want to see the teasers.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone who has commented and read this story so far. This is all for you guys and gals. I hope you all continue to enjoy this story and all my other ones as I shall keep writing them to the best I can. Have a Popper's day everyone!

--

As Cole, Zane and Tranca are exploring the Constrictai Tomb in the Mountain of a Million Steps, they notice the drawings on the wall.

"Huh. Didn't momma snake ever tell them not to draw on the wall?" Cole quips.

"Usually only a small portion of us Serpentine know who are real parents are. Even smaller for the Constrictai." Tranca seemed proud of the concerning fact about Serpentine, it was a great joy to her when she could enlighten others about her kind!

"Okay..." Cole let out.

Zane was busy inspecting the drawings and didn't pay attention to the conversation behind him. He then turned to the others.

"These images describe a legend about one tribe uniting them all."

"Those snakes have been at war with each other for centuries." He noticed Tranca. "No offense."

Tranca approached the drawings. "Oh, it's describing the way to find the Silver Fangblades..." Tranca's cold blood nearly froze as she quickly stepped back from the drawings, wishing to get as far away as possible from them.

"What's up with you?" Cole asked as Zane continued reading the images.

"It says with the Fangblades that the Serpentine will unleash the Great Devourer, an evil that will consume all of the land, turning day into night."

"It's one of the few things that can unnerve any Serpentine, Even if it may only be a legend. But whoever wants to release it is truly a madman."

--

On the Destiny's Bounty, the Ninjas were all arguing over who would be the Gren Ninja as Lloyd got up and walked towards his uncle.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. What's in the box?" Lloyd asked.

Master Wu opened the box. "Your new uniforms."

All the Ninjas gasped in awe as they quickly grabbed their improved outfits. The Ninjas complement their uniforms as Lloyd looks at the box.

"Oh, nothing for me?"

"Um, you get, uh, the box." Master Wu tentatively said as the alarm goes off, signaling trouble for the Bounty Party.

They reach the main deck and assess the trouble.

"Sorry to break up the moment, boys, but a small faction of our slithering friends are stirring up trouble at Mega Monster Amusement Park."

"Ohh, that sound like a fun place!" Tranca seemed a little giddy about this mission.

"Amusement park? Can I go? Can I go with you, please? Let me make things up. I can help!" Lloyd went to each individual and begged for them to take him along.

"I'm sorry, nephew. You will stay here, where it's safe." Master Wu rained on his parade.

"Sorry, kid, fighters only."

"I shall retrieve something for you, Young Lloyd."

"You two will also stay back, I'm afraid."

A loud sound of shock came from Tranca as some surprise came to Y/n's face. He would comply, of course, but the change was a bit shocking as Y/n had accompanied their previous missions before.

Once the Ninjas were gone...

"How come we didn't go with them? We were with them before!" She swung at the air in her annoyance. "It doesn't make sense."

"It's because I have a much more important task for you two. Come, we have much to discuss between us."

--

"Ahhhhhhh!"

Tranca and Y/n were screaming their heads off as a gigantic stone boulder was relentlessly hurtling towards the two of them as if it had sentience through the decrypt mines. The minecarts and tracks were crushed like soda cans and did nothing to stop the circular-shaped stone.

"Do that thingy you did earlier!"

"I do not know how to!" Y/n shouted back as they turned the corner as a dead-end appeared before them.

The boulder hit the wall but only stopped momentarily before pursuing the two again. Slowly but surely the boulder was gaining on the two as their fatigue began to pile up, resulting in the two's speed declining.

That's when Y/n spotted something up ahead. A boarded-up area that had numerous cobwebs sticking themselves to the wood.

"There! We may be safe there!"

" 'May be' !? I'm not trying to get turned into Serpentine mush!"

"Trust me!"

Y/n held his hand out and hurriedly gestured for Tranca to grab it. The few seconds she had to decide felt much longer to her. If this worked out then they'd get more days in the sun and help take down Pythor once and for all. If they became stains in these mines, it was fun while it lasted.

Tranca grabbed Y/n's wrist with a vice grip as he threw his body towards the boards.

--

In Y/n's hands, he was holding a mask of a familiar adversary that he knew he was going to fight with but felt disgusted battling. Memories of the fight in the mines flooded his mind as Y/n's grip tightened on the mask and his eyes shut harshly. Every kick, every punch and groan replayed and echoed louder every second he stayed in his mind. An outrageous scream erupted from Y/n's lungs as he quickly stood up and threw the mask toward the wall with all his might.

Crack!

He was panting heavily and stared at the floor, attempting to calm himself from the outburst of repressed emotions even Y/n didn't know he had. Once his breathing returned, he slowly walked over to the wall and kneeled to the mask and grabbed the shattered pieces. The hidden rage deep within disappeared and what was left was the ugly, uncontrollable, and unrecognizable amalgamation of emotions that had been kept locked away for years and years.

He finally spoke.

"Why is it you?"