Chapter 2: Lost

(Trigger Warning: Mention of death)

Monastery of Spinjitzu

Late at night, after the events of the awakened Hypnobrai tribe, Y/n was meditating in the courtyard to reflect on what occurred and what he could've done instead. The winds blew harder than usual, an event that the helper found serenity in. He did this after each event involving the Ninja, such as finding and training them, the encounters with Samukai and whoever the masked person was, and the possible awakening of the Serpentine people.

But that's when a flash suddenly appeared in his mind, taking Y/n to somewhere else. His body felt light like he could be blown away by the gentlest of breezes, almost like he was nothing more than a leaf during spring. In Y/n's amazement of this newly discovered plane, the smoke slowly rising towards him took him out of his trance.

'Huh?' Y/n thought as he looked down.

That's when he saw the most horrendous sight ever: The Spinjitzu Monastery was consumed by fire and reduced to ashes and smoldering flames. Y/n looked to the stairs and saw the culprits which were the Hypnobrai tribe.

He tried to speak but no words would come out of his mouth and trying to move anything but his head wouldn't work no matter the tries Y/n attempted. It was all in vain. He helplessly watched the Serpentine walk away with proud, malicious smiles present as the helper suffered in silence.

Soon, he was suddenly shot out of the plane and back to the grounds.

Holding his head in newly found pain, Y/n slowly got up and looked around the undamaged monastery, astonished by the vision he was given. His head began to throb violently when he attempted to compare the odd vision and what he was seeing, enough to collapse to the ground and bitting down on his arm to muffle his groans.

"Mmmmmffhh! By the First Spinjitzu Master!" He spoke into his arm as he tried to control his heavy breathing.

Once the pain stopped, Y/n got up and left to his room, needing time to think about what he had just experienced. But every time he thought of it, pain rushed to his head almost as if his body was forcing himself not to even mention the vision. He went to bed, seeing no reason as to torture himself any longer.

Morning

Y/n and the Ninja were all training in the courtyard when Master Wu slid the doors open, surprised to see his students training instead of playing video games.

Suddenly, Zane got up and interrupted the other Ninjas' sessions. Disrupting Jay and his arrow deflection training, stole Cole's scythe and used it on a dummy, and froze the training grounds forcing Kai to slip on the icy surface. Y/n looked up and saw the aftermath while joining the others.

"This roof isn't big enough for the five of us."

"Correction: It isn't big enough for him." Cole clarified Kai's statement.

"It's like he's in his own world." Jay raised his voice. "I bet he can't even hear us!"

Zane paid no mind to the others and continued to do... Whatever he was doing. Master Wu soon approached the mostly disturbed group.

"Sensei, Zane's... Weird." Kai hesitantly said.

"What is weird? Someone who is different or someone who is different from you?"

"No, Sensei. He's 'weird' weird."

Cole flashbacks to him on the toilet reading a newspaper as Zane walks in and combs his hair.