Chapter 1: Rise of the Snakes

Monastery of Spinjitzu

As Wu was meditating he heard sounds of combat coming from somewhere and decided to see where the source was. He checked the courtyard and only found Y/N had finished the course and was practicing his Spinjitzu. He came out of the small tornado, kneeling on the ground and panting, failing to notice the old man.

"Training your Spinjitzu again, Y/N?"

"Master Wu!" Y/N was startled by the sudden appearance of Wu and bowed. "Apologies for not noticing you sooner."

"It's fine, Y/N. Why aren't the others training?" Wu asked him, as he stood up and wiped the sweat off his forehead.

"Allow me to show you why." Y/N led Wu into a room.

Wu saw the teenage Ninjas, the ones who are meant to keep Ninjago in peace, playing video games and eating pizza while being very vocal about their enjoyment. The old master quickly and quietly went behind the TV and unplugged it as the teens were fighting a boss, all voicing their complaints at once.

"Just because Lord Garmadon and his accomplice escaped through a vortex doesn't mean that they won't be back for the Golden Weapons of Spinjitzu!" Wu scolded the four.

"But Sensei Wu, even since he's been gone, Ninjago has had nothing but peace." Zane reasoned.

Jay decided to add, "Yeah, peace is boring. There's no one to save. There's nothing to do."

"Training is something the four of you could have been doing, as I offered earlier in the morning."

"Like I said before, Y/N. We can train tomorrow." Cole said as he grabbed a slice of pizza.

"Never put off until tomorrow what can be done today."

"Well, I was gonna eat this pizza tomorrow, so if that's the case..." Cole moved the pizza to his mouth.

Wu kicked the slice out of Cole's hand.

"No pizza for you! In order to reach your full potential, you must train."

Kai mentioned how the five of them performed the Tornado of Creation in the Underworld.

"All of you?" Wu sounded astonished for some reason.

"Is something wrong, Master Wu?" Y/N asked before Wu shook his head. 

"No, nothing, Y/N."

Wu carried on about how the Ninjas have only scratched the potential of themselves and the Golden Weapons. Cole dismissed the whole speech and plugged the TV back in using his scythe. The four cheered as Wu sighed.

"Don't worry, master. We will be ready when Lord Garmadon returns." Just as Zane said that was when Nya came running into the room.

"Guys, Lord Garmadon, he's returned! He was spotted heading approaching Jamanakai Village!"

The Ninjas struggle to prepare for the mission, knocking each other over, even Y/N as he tried to help them. As the five ran out of the monastery, Wu grabbed Y/N's hood and stopped him in his tracks.

"There is a matter we must discuss." Y/N merely nodded.

The Ninja kept making mistakes as they tried to get onto their dragons, like Zane being hit by the door, Cole dropping his scythe when hopping onto his, Jay overshooting his jump and face planting onto the ground, and Kai not being able to reach his dragon's harness.

Eventually, they flew off to face Lord Garmadon, leaving the three behind.

"Will they ever reach their full potential?" Nya asked Wu.