𝟑𝟑

please read the author's note at the end of this chapter. thank you x

"THESE ARE THE CUTEST JORDAN'S EVER," I GUSHED,holding an orange and white pair of Jordan 1 booties while standing in our little bubbas closet in his nursery, which had just been decorated

"THESE ARE THE CUTEST JORDAN'S EVER," I GUSHED,holding an orange and white pair of Jordan 1 booties while standing in our little bubbas closet in his nursery, which had just been decorated. Because all of the other shelves were already full of his shoes, I took my time admiring his practically full closet before placing the shoes on the third shelf next to his little white air force that Stefano had given him. His uncles and aunts have already spoiled him rotten.

I slowly walk out of the closet into the medium-sized room, aiming straight towards the one-seater chair that's in the right corner near the cot. I settled into the seat, taking a look around the room. I briefly watch Gabriella, Luciano, and Sofia put the toys and clothes in the places they belong before looking at the room, happy with the outcome.

Valentino was just in here helping but had to take a call, so he left. It's been a week since Val, and I talked about the nursery and how we wanted it to be decorated. Thankfully, Gabriella had hired designers who helped us bring our visions to reality, and after a lot of back-and-forth between the four of us, that being me, Val, and the two designers, we were able to finish the room exactly how I imagined it and more. Perfect.

The nursery radiates warmth and cosiness with three walls painted white, while the first wall you see when you walk in straight ahead with a white cot against it is coloured grey with panelling, evoking a sense of neutrality and balance. The big window on the far-left wall is covered with white blinds and light grey curtains letting in enough natural light to highlight the room. While a light oak Chester draw with animal-themed handles lies against the wall from which you enter, and on top of that, a black circular mirror hangs on the wall, surrounded by white photo frames that will eventually be filled with the memories we capture with our little guy. The elegant white bathroom is on the right, and next to it is a little closet with light oak shelves and drawers that compliments the entire nursery.

My mind still can't wrap around the reality that he'll be here in nearly three months; it's all so surreal to me, but I can't wait to bring him home, hold him, shower him with love, and have everyone adore him unconditionally.

However, I admit recently my mind has been thinking a lot about those images of me that I found that day in my house, and if I'm being completely honest, I forgot about it for a second because I have so much going on in my mind right now, and I know Val is dealing with it, and he said he will protect me and our son from whoever it is, and I trust him, he will, but at the same time, I don't want to bring our son into the world and already have fear of something happening to him or a crazy person thinking they have the upper hand on how I am meant to live my life with my son. A world that doesn't want to see me in it.

I hope nothing happens before Valentinos finds this person, but deep within the back of my mind, I have this sense that something might happen, and I don't know what is going to happen or when it's going to but it just in a matter of time before-