Chapter 3

The next morning I was awoken by my cellphone ringing. When I looked at the time I groaned, it was 6am. I had another hour of sleep. I didn't know who would be calling me this early.

"Hello?" I asked answering the phone half asleep.

"Ms. Adams?" I heard a voice asked.

"Yes." I said sitting up.

"It's nurse Hunter from the care center. Your mother....-" She started to say and I gasped.

"Is she...?" I asked panicked.

"No ma'am, nothing like that. We were just wondering if you could come in? She isn't being corporative. You know she is working on her third offense." Nurse Hunter said.

"Yes, yes I know. I will be there as soon I as I can." I said getting out of bed and running into my bathroom. I hung up the phone, took a shower, got dressed and rushed to the kitchen while braiding my wet hair. I was so happy Pepper was there. Not happy that Steve, Bucky and Wanda were there. I looked at Pepper.

"Sweetie?" She asked concerned walking over to me.

"Um...remember that personal issue I told you about the other day?" I whispered and she nodded.

"Well I have to go take care of it." I said and she nodded.

"You okay to drive?" Pepper asked and I nodded.

"Give Morgan my love and tell her we will do movie day tomorrow." I said and she nodded. I went to head out. I heard Steve scoff.

"Leaving already?" Steve asked as my back was to him and I tensed up.

"Steve, not now." Pepper said and I kept walking and left the compound. I wasn't sure what speeding laws I broke getting to the facility but I got there in record time. I walked in and went to her floor, once I checked in I found Nurse Hunter.

"What is the problem?" I asked and Nurse Hunter sighed.

"You, she missed you she thinks you are still gone." Nurse Hunter said and I sighed. I walked to my moms room and opened the door.

"Mama." I said and she looked at the door and smiled.

"Holly?! You're alive?!" My mom Ella said seeing me walk in. I sat on the edge of the bed and took her hand.

"Yeah mama, I'm back. I have been for a couple months now. Remember?" I asked and I took my other hand placing it on her cheek and she sighed. I wiped the tear from her cheek the was falling.

"What about your dad?" Ella asked and I hung my head.

"Mama, daddy is gone. He died." I said and she started crying harder. Reliving these moments with her were the hardest. After a couple of minutes I took a deep breath.

"Hey, you got to listen to the nurses here for me. I am doing the best I can to keep you here." I said and she sighed.

"They are mean here." Ella said in a small voice and my eyes filled with tears.

"Mama, what do mean they are mean to you?" I asked.

"They don't treat me right, the food is nasty and if I don't eat the food I don't get to eat." Ella said and I groaned.

"I am doing what I can okay. I promise. I am working a much better job now so maybe soon I can move you out of here." I said.

"Why cant we live together?" Ella asked.

"Mama, before I put you in here you had the mental break about me being back and daddy being gone. Don't you remember? It's not safe. I have to work and I can't leave you alone." I said and she cried and I just hung my head.

"Mama please don't cry." She pushed my hand from her cheek and let go of my hand.

"Get out." Ella said.

"Mama..." I said.

"Get out Holly Marie! I wish you had stayed gone in the blip! You made everything worse when you came back!" She said to me. I knew she didn't mean it but it still hurt. She turned away from me. I still leaned down and kissed the back of her head.

"I love you mama and please be good." I said and walked out. As I was getting ready to leave I was stopped.

"Ms. Adams?" I heard nurse Hunter say and I turned to look at her fighting back tears.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Will she be okay now?" Nurse Hunter asked.

"She should be, just call me if you have any more issues." I said and went to walk away.

"Well, there is the business of this..." She said and handed me an envelope that had big red letters on it saying past due.

"We sent it to your last address but it got sent back." Nurse Hunter said and I nodded.

"Right, I will get this to you as soon as I can." I said. I looked at Nurse Hunter.

"Anything else?" I asked and she shook her head. I turned on my heal and left the facility. I barely got to my car before I broke down.

 ❤ 🤍 💙 ❤ 🤍 💙

Once I finally composed myself I took a drive around town to calm down before I went back to the compound. Once I walked in the compound everyone was sitting around in the sitting area and saw me walk in.

"Holly!" Morgan came running over and I picked me her. She must have sensed I needed the huge hug she was giving me.

"Thank you for the hug sweetie." I said and put her down.

"Wow, you really did come back I thought for sure you make a break for it." Steve said not looking up from the book he was reading. Everyone looked at him annoyed. I had, had enough. I walked over and snatched the book he was reading from his hands and threw it at him hitting him in the chest.

"Holly?!" Bucky yelled somewhat shocked.

"What the hell?!" Steve asked.

"You want to know my history? Fine! My name is Holly Adams, I was an engaged kindergarten teacher and then I disappeared in the blip. When I came back I expected to find my fiancé waiting for me but you want to know where I found him? Married, to my best friend with a baby! My father died while I was gone and my mom went slightly insane knowing she lost everyone. She is in a mental hospital right now, constantly forgetting I am alive, my father is dead and has mental breakdowns that I have to go take care of since the nursing staff is a bunch of dipshits. The place is a shithole but it's all her insurance takes and what I can afford to cover the rest. I had no siblings so when I came back I had to find all of this out from everyone around me. I don't tell you this for you to feel sorry for me or for you to instantly feel bad for me and change your feelings towards me. Be a hard ass douche forever, I don't give a shit. You just need to know some people actually have real world problems and shit to deal with. I have no life since the blip Rogers so you wanted my history there it is!" I said annoyed and upset and tears ran down my face, I didn't care anymore. I finally realized everyone was looking at me and I let out a small scream groan and rushed away to my room. Everyone looked at Steve who just sat there processing everything.