Chapter 16

*****A WEEK LATER*****

I was playing with Morgan in her room when Wanda come walking in.

"Hey, can we talk?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Be back sweetie." I said to Morgan and she nodded. I walked out in the hallway with Wanda.

"What's up?" I asked with a smile and she looked nervous.

"Wanda?" I asked and grabbed her hand.

"Bucky asked me out on a date and I accepted." Wanda said and I nodded.

"Oh...he did?" I asked and Wanda nodded.

"I wont go if you don't want me to." Wanda said and I shook my head and looked at the ground.

"No, go. He has made his choice so at this point I'm guessing Steve will be by soon. I am happy for you." I said and hugged Wanda. I was smiling to her face but I was also a little hurt, he didn't come to me to tell me. Once Wanda and I released from our hug I saw Bucky come walking up. He smiled at Wanda and me.

"So she told you." Bucky said and I nodded.

"She did and I'm so happy for you two. Go out have a good time." I said and Bucky smiled.

"I'm going to get ready." Wanda said and walked away leaving Bucky and I there.

"You really okay?" Bucky asked and I nodded.

"All I ever wanted was your happiness Buck. Are you happy?" I asked and he sighed and gave a small nod.

"You are an amazing woman Holly but I don't think it was meant to be us. I want to still be friends though." Bucky said.

"Of course Bucky. You are amazing and anyone would be lucky enough to have you as a friend." I said and he smiled.

"You deserve happiness." Bucky said and I placed my hand on his cheek.

"So do you." I said and he smiled. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him as he wrapped his around my waist. Once we broke apart he saw the question in my eyes and he sighed.

"Let him come to you." Bucky said and I smiled.

"I will." I said and Bucky nodded. I saw Wanda walk out of her room.

"Have fun." I said and Bucky went to walk away and grabbed his arm.

"Don't hurt her or I hurt you." I said and Bucky laughed.

"I won't." Bucky said and walked away. I walked back into Morgan's room and sighed.

"You okay Ollie?" Morgan asked and I nodded.

"Want a juice pop?" I asked and she nodded with a smile. We walked down to the kitchen and I saw Steve sitting at the table and I smiled at him as we walked but he didn't smile back and I got confused.

"Uncle Steve!" Morgan said running over to him and I went to get her a juice pop.

"Hey sweetie pie." Steve said and picked her up sitting her on his lap. He took a piece of his apple he had cut up.

"Morgan..." I said with a laugh.

"She's fine." Steve said and I just half nodded as I handed her the juice pop I opened.

"Morgan, let's head backup stairs." I said and she moaned.

"Can't I stay with Steve?" Morgan asked and I looked at Steve.

"She can stay." Steve said and I nodded. I went to sit down at the table with them but it felt very icy.

"Think I will go clean up Morgan's room." I said and walked away without another word from Steve. Once I got to Morgan's room I just sat on the floor.

"You okay?" I heard a voice say from the door and I looked to see Tony and I smiled.

"Yeah just cleaning up. Morgan wanted to sit with Steve in the kitchen." I said and Tony nodded.

"And you didn't want to sit with them?" Tony asked.

"It seemed pretty icy down there so I came up here to clean up." I said and Tony looked at me.

"Icy with capsicle? I thought you two would be....ya know..." Tony said and I laughed.

"What Tony?" I asked and he groaned.

"Just together, I know Barnes went out with Wanda leaving the door open for you and Steve." Tony said and I shrugged.

"I guess I'm not what he wanted after all." I said giving a small smile.

"Hey, you feel like having a couple days off?" Tony asked and I shrugged.

"Someone has to watch Morgan." I said and he nodded.

"Right, you." Tony said and I looked at him confused.

"Pepper and I have a cabin out in the middle of nowhere, fully protect by FRIDAY and completely safe, on a lake. I can get you groceries so everything it set up. Morgan has a room and there are 2 guests rooms. You and her can get away, have a girls trip." Tony said and I laughed.

"That sounds pretty amazing actually but can we leave and no one know. I just want to get way." I said and Tony nodded.

"Yeah leave early tomorrow morning. I will get it set up tonight and get your car set up with the GPS to get there." Tony said and I smiled.

"Thank you so much Tony, I just need to get way I think." I said and he nodded.

"No problem. I totally understand." Tony said. After he walked away I packed Morgan a bag and put it in my room. I didn't want her to know either and risk her telling Steve. I walked back in my room and started packing as well. Once the bags were pack I put them in my closet to hide them in case anyone came in. I sat at my desk and wrote Wanda a note just so she wouldn't worry. As I finished the note there was a knock on my door and I looked to see Morgan come running in and Steve at my door. She jumped in my arms and I picked her up.

"Getting sleepy little one?" I asked and she nodded.

"Thanks for bringing her back." I said to Steve and he nodded. I went to walk out of my room to take Morgan to bed and Steve followed and I smiled. I quickly got Morgan to sleep and I walked out of her room and saw Steve still there.

"So Bucky and Wanda huh?" I asked and Steve sighed with a nod.

"Yeah, I guess so." Steve said and looked at the floor. I tried giving him an opening and he didn't take it. I sighed as I fought back tears.

"Good night Captain Rogers." I said coldly and walked to my room shutting the door and falling against it.