Chapter 14

*****COUPLE WEEKS LATER*****

I was sitting in my room getting dressed in my bathroom as Wanda sat on my bed.

"So how cute are we talking? Like Steve and Bucky hot or just normal hot?" Wanda asked and I glared at her through the crack in the bathroom door.

"Can we not mention Steve or Bucky to me please." I said coming out of my bathroom in a white scoop neck t-shirt with a red bra underneath. I knew you could see but I liked it, it was also to slightly torture Bucky and Steve.

"So how cute?" Wanda asked and I sat down next to her and motioned to my head.

"See for yourself." I said and she smiled and lifted her hand near my head and started reading my mind.

"Oh! Nice!" Wanda said and I nodded.

"Does he take care of your mom?" Wanda asked.

"Sometimes, he isn't her main caregiver but he does check on her a lot." I said smiling and Wanda smiled.

"You like him." Wanda said and I shrugged.

"I mean he is nice and I wouldn't turn him down." I said and Wanda laughed. As Wanda and I went to leave my room I ran into Bucky and Steve who were both standing there. I could clearly tell they were listening to mine and Wanda's conversation.

"Hey." I said and they smiled.

"You going out?" Bucky asked.

"Going to see my mom." I said and looked at Wanda and she giggled.

"Have fun, give your mom a hug for me." Wanda said and I nodded. A week earlier I had taken Wanda to meet my mom hoping he should try to do something to get more memories back for her but Wanda couldn't do anything but my mom feel in love with her. I grabbed my leather jacket from my door and went to leave.

"We are going with you." Steve said and I huffed a laugh.

"Excuse me?" I asked never turned to look at these 2 men trailing behind me like puppies.

"It's never safe to go alone." Bucky said and I laughed again.

"I am in a Tony Stark building. I am pretty sure it's safe." I said and continued to the front door pulling my keys from my pocket. Steve rushed up beside me and took my keys.

"I'll drive." Steve said and I groaned.

"You both are insistent on this?" I asked and they nodded.

"Fine." I said and we got in the car once outside and it was a silent ride to see my mom. I headed to her room with Steve and Bucky but was stopped by Dane, the male nurse that Wanda and I were talking about.

"Holls." He said calling me a nickname and I smiled.

"Hey. You see her at all today?" I asked and he nodded.

"She asked to go outside to the garden. Follow me." Dane said and I hurried to walk beside him leaving Bucky and Steve behind me.

"Are they your bodyguards?" Dane whispered and I chuckled.

"No they are pains in my ass." I said and looked back at them. Once we made it outside I saw my mom sitting in a wheelchair.

"Mama." I said smiling at her being outside and she looked up from her book.

"Holly! Sweetie! I'm outside!" She said excited as I hugged her.

"I can see that, you feel okay?" I asked as Dane gave me a chair to sit in front of her since she took ahold of my hands.

"I feel perfect. Dane has been taking great care of me." Ella said and smiled at Dane and I smiled at him too.

"Well that's great. I am so happy to see you out of your room." I said and she smiled. She looked past me and saw Bucky and Steve both sitting in chairs.

"Who are the hotties?" She asked and I groaned.

"Nobody's, trust me." I said and she shook her head with a laugh.

"They are somebody Holly, I can see them." Ella said and I rolled my eyes. I looked at Bucky and Steve and motioned for them to come over.

"Mom this is Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes." I said and they both shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you ma'am." Bucky said and she smiled.

"You too. Are either of you dating my daughter?" She asked and I groaned.

"Mama, no." I said and she laughed.

"I embarrassed her." Ella said and sighed.

"No ma'am neither of us are dating your daughter. We are all just good friends and we wanted to meet you." Steve said and I clenched my jaw. I looked at Dane and he was smiling at me.

"So mama, how often have you been outside?" I asked.

"This is the first time Dane would let me come out." She said and Dane laughed.

"Ella, don't rat me out to your daughter." Dane said and I laughed.

"You would let her come outside?" I asked and he shook his head.

"It was too chilly for her to come out. Today was the first nice day." Dane said and I nodded.

"It had been chilly." I said and she sighed.

"I like it here Holly." She whispered to me and I smiled placing a hand on her cheek.
"I'm glad. I am so happy you are happy that is all that matters to me." I said and she smiled. We sat taking for a little bit longer and she yawned.

"You want to go in and take a nap?" I asked and she nodded and I looked at Dane. I walked with Dane as he wheeled my mom inside and I kissed her cheek before he took her in the room. As I went to walk away he grabbed my hand.

"Hey, can you wait out here a second?" Dane asked and I nodded.

"Sure." I said and I leaned against the wall as Bucky and Steve leaned against the wall across the hall.

"You two...." I said and shook my head. After about 10 minutes Dane came out and I looked and saw my mom fast asleep.

"She sleeps like that after you visit. She loves seeing you." Dane said and I smiled.

"Thanks for taking care of her." I said and Dane nodded. He looked at Steve and Bucky.

"Dane, what's up?" I asked and he sighed knowing the guys were leaving.

"Um...I was wondering if I could take you out sometime? Maybe to dinner?" Dane asked and I smiled especially seeing how uncomfortable Steve and Bucky were out of the corner of my eye.

"I would love to." I said and Dane smiled.

"Give me your phone." I said and Dane handed me his phone and I put my number in it and text myself from his phone.

"You have my number. Call me and we will set something up." I said and he smiled.

"Sounds great, I'll call you soon." Dane said and I started to walk away as Bucky and Steve followed.

"Are you seriously going to go on a date with him?" Steve asked.

"Why shouldn't I?" I asked and they didn't say anything. Once we got to the parking lot I stopped causing both guys to stop. I turned to look at them.

"Neither of you wanted me right now and I am not going to sit around and wait forever for you to decide what you want. Someone asks me on a date I am going to go. Do we have an understanding?" I said and they both grumbled something, walked past me to the car. I sighed and followed them.