🛡 2

- warnings: cursing, negative self talk ig? -

- nobodys pov -

Espresso reached up on his bookshelf, trying to grab a book. He quickly grabbed it, and sat back down opening it. He read a few pages, then looked down at his watch.

9:41am. Wow, time flew by past. Sooner than later, he would have to go meet up with Latte and her friend at the cafe. Espresso normally didn't like going out to places like this, since it would bring him away from his work, but today was an exception. He hadn't seen Latte in weeks, other than at the school, and even then it was only for a few short seconds. He would finally have the chance to catch up on things.

Plus, Raspberry was a knight. She was very skilled in combat, and Espresso was wondering if he could learn a few tricks from her. Not with swords, of course. Maybe how to move and dodge in battle. He figured it could help him with his coffee magic skills.

Espresso set down his book, and got up from his desk. If he was going to go see Latte, he might as well get ready before hand. 

He walked out of his lab and into his bedroom, and grabbed some clean clothes from the dresser. Then, he went into the bathroom and turned on the shower.

How long had it been since he had last taken one? Espresso couldn't remember. Days maybe? Weeks?

He felt filthy.

He set his clothes down on the counter, and grabbed a towel. Espresso looked at himself in the mirror. His hair was an absolute mess. He felt like he was covered in dirt.

"God.." he whispered. "I look awful."

- - - - -

Once the water warmed up, Espresso got in the shower. 

He must've stayed in there for 45 minutes, then he got out, dried himself off, and got dressed. He felt much much better. He didn't feel so terrible anymore.

Grabbing the hair dryer off of the counter, he started to blowdry his hair. Once it was dry, he brushed it out. He made sure that the hair that covered his right eye stayed there. He couldn't have it falling out of place. Once that was all done, he put on his glasses and took one last look in the mirror. 

His hair was nice and fluffy, and he was extremely proud of his outfit. He decided he wasn't going to wear his cloak today, since he was only going out with Latte for an afternoon. Espresso thought it would be unnecessary. He thought he looked pretty.

(this is kinda what his outfit looks like)

- - - - -

Soon, it was around 11:45, and it was time to go visit Latte. Espresso grabbed his car keys off of the hook near the door (yes they can drive cars, they're human lol) and got in the car, prepared to drive to the cafe. It would take about 15 minutes to get there, since the cafe was downtown in the kingdom (I know its not a town its a kingdom but what else am I supposed to call it XD) and Espresso lived farther away from the bustling, busy parts of the kingdom.