☕️ 3

- warnings: cursing -

- nobodys pov -

i should probably mention this before i forget but my au is in modern times :D they have cellphones and cars and everything that we have irl but there's still a royal family and kings/queens

Espresso drove into the parking lot of Sparkling's bar and parked his car. (hey that rhymed) Sparkling and Espresso were...acquaintances to say the least. Espresso didn't really consider him a friend yet but he was hoping they could be friends in the future.

Espresso walked into the bar and realized him and the other bar regulars were the only ones there. Herb was behind the counter with Sparkling, his face bright red. Vampire was drunk off his ass, and Mint was texting somebody on his phone.

"Vampire you can't say that!" Herb yelled at him. He was clearly embarrassed.

Espresso didn't know what they were talking about and he didn't want to know.

Sparkling noticed him walking in. "Hey Espresso!" He called out. The other 3 looked at him. Espresso walked over and took a seat next to Mint Choco. 

"What'll it be for ya?" Sparkling asked, leaning over the counter.

"The usual."

"Coming right up." Sparkling said, twirling around to grab a glass. As he did so, he bumped into Herb, which caused him fall over.

"Aah!" Herb yelled out, as he fell down onto the floor. (he began to pass out, then his head hit the wall. boom)

"I'm sorry Herb!" Sparkling reached down and helped him up. "You good?"

"Yeah," Herb rubbed the back of his head. "I'm fine."

Sparkling ruffled his hair. "You're too cute."

(yes i do ship sparkling x herb...dw this one isn't really gonna be in here a ton its like gonna be in here 3 times XD and dw i'm not one of those ppl that see somebody shipping sparkling with somebody else or herb with somebody else and they get pissed- those ppl r nasty and i'm 100% open to other ships!!)

Espresso knew that Sparkling and Herb had been dating for around 4 months now, but he didn't have time for all of that sappy romance stuff. He was a busy man and he had work to do. Sparkling and Herb had all the time in the world. Sparkling owned a bar and Herb literally just grew plants and sold them sometimes. 

Espresso was not only a professor, but he also worked on coffee magic studies during his free time. He didn't have time for romance like those two had. Work was more important.

Although he did feel his heart ache when he saw those two being happy together.

Stop it. Espresso thought to himself. You don't even have time for things like that. You're not ready for another relationship anyways. 

- - - - -

Sparkling slid Espresso's drink across the counter. It was a beer. "There you are! Enjoy!"

"Thank you, Sparkling." Espresso took a sip of the beer. He normally didn't really drink much, he never got drunk either. He only really drank if he was in a bad mood or stressed out.

"Sooo...whats up?"  Mint Choco asked him.

"Hmm?"

"Well, you always come here when you're in a bad mood." Mint said, tapping his fingers on the counter. "You never really come here to party or get drunk or just hang out, there's always something going on."