🛡 6

- warnings: cursing -

-nobodys pov -

(i'm also gonna say real quick that the story mostly focuses on espresso's pov even though its in third person so if it ever changes to madeleine it'll say that :D)

Espresso made his way over to the group. This was..nerve wracking to say the least. He was about to meet the RoyalBerry family! He quickly turned on his phone camera to fix his hair. 

"Espresso cookie!" he stopped in his tracks.

Standing there greeting him was Queen JungleBerry. Espresso felt his ears get hot.

"Greetings," she said politely, reaching out her hand. 

Espresso took her hand and shook it. He hoped she couldn't feel his own hand shaking. "Yes, hello." Espresso retracted his hand and bowed down. She was royalty after all; it was the only respectful thing to do. "It's a pleasure to meet you, your highness."

"Pleasure to meet you as well." Queen JungleBerry spoke. 

He couldn't believe it. Espresso, who wasn't anything special, was talking to royalty.

"I hear you excel in coffee magic?" Queen JungleBerry asked. 

"Why, yes!" Espresso answered. "I- I pride myself in my coffee magic abilities. I've been working on them for a long time."

"Well, you'll certainly come in handy on the trip!" JungleBerry laughed. "My husband heard about your magical skills, and he was hoping that you would be able to help get rid of those monsters. They've been taking over the islands, and your strong magic would surely defeat them!"

Espresso blushed. "I- w-well-"

Just then, King RoyalBerry came over to greet them. Espresso bowed down.

"Espresso! Welcome!" King RoyalBerry exclaimed. "I'm so glad you could make it." 

He stuck out his hand. Espresso shook it nervously.

"As my wife was saying, your coffee magic skills are remarkable! I've seen your work, and I'm amazed at what you can do." he said.

"Oh- why t-thank you!" Espresso stammered. "As I s- said, I do pride myself in my magical abilities."

RoyalBerry was about to start another sentence, but Black Raisin came over, and the King and Queen went to talk to her instead.

Espresso's face was hot with shame. That was embarrassing. He had just made a fool of himself. Blushing like crazy and stuttering. 

Great first impression, he thought.

- - - - -

20 minutes had passed. Espresso had talked to all of the other members of the group and found out who was going. Black Raisin would be the "group leader," and Sparkling and Herb would both be going as they needed healers. Carrot and Lilac would also be going on the trip. It was a bit odd to have so many random cookies selected for the bounty, but that was how the system worked. Most cookies were selected randomly to go, but occasionally a few would be hand picked. Like Espresso.

Thank god he could actually stand these cookies.

It was a bit weird to only have six cookies going on the trip. Normally there would be at least seven or eight, but Lilac said he was pretty sure that Cocoa was going. She was running a little late, because her boyfriend, Mint Choco, was preparing for a concert.