chapter thirteen

1:15am.

the rain was loud and noisy, tapping so hard on the outside glass of louis' bedroom window that it almost sounded as if someone was knocking.

the teen himself was a frightened, shivering mess as he hid under his white, fluffy comforter, hoping that it would calm his extreme anxiety but louis knew that no matter how many blankets or stuffed animals he had — if he had any — nothing would be able to suffice the feeling of being in his boyfriend' nurturing arms.

the thought of harry' strong arms holding him closely to his chest while whispering sweet nothings into his ear made louis whimper and let out an inaudible, "hazza." as a silent plea for the male.

he desperately wished that his boyfriend hadn't recently began working night shifts instead of day shifts because in times like these, louis needed to be with harry, basking in the sweet compliments and exhilarating kisses that made him feel as if he was swept off of his own feet.

the tiny 16 year old couldn't help but let out a choked hiccup, and then a quiet sob, squealing out in fright when lighting could be heard crashing down onto the sidewalk right near his house.

if there was anyone who despised thunderstorms, it was louis.

he was always very skittish when it came to the sound of thunder and lighting, and it'd only worsened as he got older which resulted in him having bad panic attacks over it. normally his mother or even cuddling his baby sister could reduce his stress but he felt embarrassed to do so, especially when it would be at such a late hour in the night.

frightened shakes took over his entire body and when another loud, ear crippling crash was heard from the lighting hitting the street — which seemed even closer to his home now — louis let our another terrified squeal and began to cry harder.

he gripped his comforter closer to him, hot tears streaming own his flushed cheeks as he tried to focus on what his boyfriend had recently sung to after the two had shared a very heated kiss in the back of the older male' truck.

"i stand at your gate and the song that i sing is of moonlight..."

"i stand and i wait for the touch of your hand in the june night..."

he continued to repeat those words over and over in his head, remembering the soothing sound of his boyfriend' deep and raspy voice until he calmed down, but only in the slightest bit.

soon, he came to the realization that nothing would fully help him calm down except for harry, so with shaking, clammy hands, he hesitantly reached over for his cellphone and after successfully picking it up without dropping it, he unlocked his phone and went straight to his recent calls, finding his boyfriend' contact at the top of the list and shakily pressing on the "call" button.

as the awaiting ring begun, he became more nervous and nervous by the second; nearly praying that harry wouldn't be too busy and would pick up the phone after a couple of more rings.

as if it was magic, the ringing quickly came to an end after 3 tries and soon the voice that louis knew and loved came through his cellphone.

"baby?"

tears cascaded louis' already watery eyes and he bit down onto his lower lip to prevent himself from letting out an embarrassing whimper before answering.

"h-hi, 'azza." his voice was hoarse and shaky from crying so much, yet the gentleness was still there.

there was shuffling in the background as harry answered, which louis assumed for what was the older boy working. "hey, beautiful." harry chuckled, "talk to me, i know it's important 'cause it's past 12 and you're still up so what's goin' on?"