chapter fourteen

it had been a few days since louis' incident with his panic attack.

currently, he was at school, sitting on the rooftop as he patiently waited for his boyfriend to meet him up there for lunch. he gently fixed his glasses which were perched nicely on the bridge of his button nose as he reread one of his favorite books, The Lovely Bones.

he felt content and relaxed as the cool wind blew on his angelic face while sun happily shined down on the small city of Doncaster.

but that peaceful silence soon came to an end when the door to the rooftop was suddenly pushed open, causing louis to look up with a startled expression but it quickly changed from startled to puzzled when the person who came onto the rooftop wasn't his handsome boyfriend.

it was a girl.

she had jet black hair that stopped at her shoulders and wore a red crop-top with tight high-waisted jeans. "she's pretty," louis thought, but still wondered why a girl whom he'd never seen before would randomly come up here to see him.

"h-hi..." he trailed off, in a small voice. "do you e-erm... do you need something-"

"i don't need shit from you," she cut him off, face scrunched up in slight disgust.

now, things were getting even weirder and more confusing for the small boy because he didn't even know who this girl was and quite honestly, he seriously wished that his boyfriend were to meet him already.

"harry's your boyfriend, right?"

louis chirped up at that and lifted an eyebrow as he hesitated before nodding.

"y-yes... why?"

the girl eyed louis up and down for a few moments before rolling her eyes and chuckling, mutteing to herself, "out of all people." before flipping her hair, in an annoying way.

louis couldn't help but begin to feel insecure at the way that she looked at him. he frowned and slowly crossed his arms over his chest, tucking his small hands into his sweater paws more.

"you should be careful." she said

louis became even more confused at that, "what do you mean?"

the girl rolled her eyes again. "your boyfriend doesn't last very long in relationships, especially with people like you." she snickered, "he'll only use you and once you give him what he wants, he'll move onto the next piece of meat he sees."

louis' heart began to race at that and he bit down onto his lower lip softly, trying to keep it together.

he didn't actually believe what she said because he knew his boyfriend better than anyone, harry isn't a 'player' and he most definitely would never use louis for anything.

"h-how... how would you know that?" he frowned, feeling slightly offended at the fact that she was implying that he was just a 'piece of meat'.

"he did it to me." she told, quickly, as if she'd just now thought of it. "we dated before he surprisingly turned gay and went to you."

the small boy' frown only deepened at that, "b-but... he told me that h-he didn't date anyone before me—"

"well, that was a lie." she snapped, sending him a cold glare. "guess your boyfriend isn't so trustworthy after all, huh?"

louis didn't know what to say nor how to feel, still trying to process everything that she'd just said to him.

"she could be lying." he thought, desperately wishing that she were lying and just trying to make up a random story out of jealousy.