Safe and sound.. wait?

Midnight POV ??:??am

I had finally lost track of the hours. The minutes. The agonising seconds trapped in that hellhole I called a captive spot. I wanted to see the heroes. I wanted to see my friends. I... wanted to see the kids. I wanted to hug them all and tell them that I was always there for them, if not physically then mentally.

I'm  scared of the door- the squeaky noise it makes. I'm  scared of knives, fire and chains too. Atleast I am fine with my hand whip.

I learned to weigh the positives, even if the negatives are dragging on the floor. Sometimes you need to be your own hero. I thought I could change the curriculum so we could have a fat focused on that.

My thoughts were interrupted by the door opening.
"Oh no...." I said, in a low whisper.

"Get up. NOW. We need to go." Shouted Flamethrower, throwing open the door in a horrified haste.

"What..?" I said, a bit dazed from the sudden rays of sunlight highlighting the dark room.

"Ugghh LETS GO." He screamed, storming over to me and chaining me up.

"LET ME GO-!" I cried, flailing my arms to no avail.

He ended up taking me down a back alley. It wreaked of dried blood and rusty metal. I could hear glass shattering and shouting but it was all drowned out by my own thoughts. 'Where is he taking me...?  Why is there so much noise..?-'

"NEMURI!!" A voice shouted out

"SHO-" I tried to scream back, but Flamethrower blocked my mouth and started running faster.

"LET GO OF HER-" Flamethrower dropped me as he got wound up in a familiar, grey scarf. Heaven, luck, whatever the fuck you want to call it. It was here. The glass shattering. The shouting. It was the heroes. They were there for me..!

Aizawa POV. Time skip 2 hours

I held her tight. I didn't know if I would ever let go. This woman means so much to me and I am thankful she was saved. She cried into my arms while she was being treated. Her injuries were disgraceful, it looked horrible. She must have suffered so much during that short period of time.

"S-shota.."
"Yes Nemuri??"
"I- I'm not afraid of m-my scars, yknow..."
"Hm? Why not?"
"Because a-as a hero I've l-learnt that you should W-wear your scars like y-you'd show off a trophy," she said, smiling through her tears. "because t-they show you struggled a-and that's what makes y-you a real hero.. not a h-halfhearted hero who hides and is a-ashamed of the fact t-they fought hard."

...She's one of a kind. A very, very smart kind. She is one of the best heroes to have graced this planet.

3rd person POV, 8:30 am

Nemuri woke up on her bed. In the staff dorms. She was safe, as safe as she could be with all of the "problem children" around, you could say. No rose comes without thorns, as no cloud lacks a silver lining.

"Nems? You awake?" A colloquial, familiar again voice called out.

"Oh- yeah I'm awake! Come in Zashi!" Nemuri called back, a grin spreading across her face as she sat up.

"Oh, I was so worried about you, girlfriend!!" He said, happily embracing the woman.

"I'm thankful for that, bro." She replied, the grin plastering her face growing larger.

"We can go and see the others, it's morning now, you wanna come down?" He said, staring into her eyes in a comforting manner.

"Of course, I've missed you all." She smiled, nodding her head slowly.

"Midoriya is here too, by the way." He said, trying to suppress a grin as Nemuri perked up.

She practically flew out of her dorm, and held Izuku tightly when she saw him. He hugged her back and refused to leave her side as she explained the story to her colleagues. A fearful, pitiful look crossed the room. She HATED it. Ever heard Mitski? "And I don't want your pity, I just want somebody near me.". Nemuri didn't want pity, she wanted acceptance, and for them to NOT walk on eggshells around her.

Nezu walked in, and let the heroes (and hero in training) know that he had extended the half term to 3 weeks and not 2. He provided all of the other students a training plan in case they wanted to continue training. Then, all of a sudden, a random guest appeared.

"Heyyy hiii!!!" The cheerful voice called out.

"Huh- Nejire Hado?!" Izuku said, his head whipping in the direction of the 3rd year.

"Careful, you almost got whiplash-" Nemuri said, chuckling at Midoriya's stunned face.
"Nejire likes to come and sit with us for a bit, to avoid 3rd wheeling with Mirio and Tamaki!" She winked, and Hado laughed and patted Izuku's head.

"It's true- you know-"
"I was right!"
"Oh?"
"I knew they were together."
"OMG yes!!!" She said, clapping her hands out of joy.

They spent most of the day chatting with the heroes about scores, patrols, preferences, pet peeves, anything they thought of they blurted out.

"Miiiidoriya!! Are we going back to the dorms or are you staying here?" Nejire hummed, tilting her head and smiling.

"I think I'll stay here tonight, thanks for the offer." He answered, flashing a small smile back.

Nemuri was relieved. She honestly feared that if she slept or was alone that he would come back. The heroes hadn't caught him. He dropped her, broke out of the scarf and ran. He did say something to her though. "You're never safe. I am always watching. Lurking in your shadow.".

"Nemuri? Is that okay with you?"
"Huh- sorry, what did you say Izuku?"

Izuku pouted a bit. "I asked if I could stay in your room?"

"Oh yeah of course you can hon!" She laughed, happy at the idea.

"You're safe and sound now."

"ProHero Miss Joke has been hospitalised after a raid, sources say."