Chapter #18 (𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝)

(HAPPY MIDDLE OF JUNE 😏)

"Dream!" I cried out, holding on to anything to try and hold myself still. "Slow down!"

"We have to get there in time for the mission! Your father is waiting for us!" He replied, pushing the accelerator to the floor.

A couple of minutes later, we pulled up to the meet-up spot for the invasion. Of who you may ask. Well, we're stealing from some drug dealer who is known for some really bad things that I don't really wanna say... well, let's just say it involves underage girls.

(A/N: No, it is NOT Quackity)

Dream and I quickly hopped out of the car, pistols in hand. "We're here. Sorry we're late! George took forever to get ready." Dream apologized.

I thought about replying, 'well you destroyed my ass, what did ya expect?' But I decided against it. I limped after the crew as they all ran towards the nearly-hidden entrance that we found.

"Okay, focus on getting our guy. Once we get him and get him secured, we will go back and grab what we want!" My father says, reminding us of our goals and focuses.

He kicks down the door as quietly as he can and we all go rushing in. The sound of muffled footsteps shuffling can most likely be heard rather clearly by anyone near.

We bought intel that stated where the man's office was and what times he would be in said location. We all hurried there.

We opened the door of the man's office to see him sitting there, typing away on his computer. He looked up.

"Men!" He shouted, suddenly there was a clunk sound behind us. There were men behind us.

"He knew we were coming, it's a set-up!" I whispered to Dream who was standing next to me, his hand reached to grip his gun. He lifted it out of the holster and held it up to the man.

"Come with us and we leave the rest of this place unharmed-" I looked at Dream with a distraught look. What was he doing?! Is he an idiot?!

bang

It was like time slowed. The ringing of the shot of the bullet. My legs carrying themselves over to his body. The blood-curling scream that slipped out between my lips. Tears pricked at my eyes when I saw him fall to the ground.

"Dad!" I scream, falling down on my knees next to his body.

My gaze met his glazed-over gaze. His eyes wandered my face. He smiled at me, it was like he was taunting me. It was a twisted smile.

"Dad, please, hang in there! I still need you. Y-you can't leave me!" I cried, not caring to listen to the fighting happening behind me.

"Son, I'm not going to make it-"

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no. You have to make it! Dad!" I sobbed. I felt something cold against my hands. I looked down to see my fathers calist hands gripping onto mine.

"Son, listen close to me. You are the new leader of the Davidson Mafia. There's a flash drive in the top shelve of my desk in my office. Tell your mother I love her for me, and give her a big hug." A tear slipped from his eye.

It's ironic to think a couple of months ago, I hated my dads guts and now I'm crying over his guts.

"Son- George, I love you, and I am so proud of the man you've become-" his eyes fluttered shut.

"DAD!" I shouted, shaking his body slightly, hoping this was all a dream and I would wake up in my boyfriends arms, ready for the mission.

"Dad!" I repeated quieter. I felt someone wrap their arms around me, lifting me up by my thighs. I didn't have the strength to fight whoever it was. My vision was blurred by my tears. I didn't care about the blood that was on my hands or anything really. I just wanted my dad.

I felt my breathing become staggered and altered heavily. Someone rubbed my back. I was carried out of the building and set in the back of a car.

"D-dad!" I cried.

I felt someone sit down next to me and pull me into there lap. There hands ran up and down my back, they set my head on there shoulder.

"It's going to be okay, baby." I recognized that voice. It was Clay.

"Clay?"

"Yes, can I get something for you, bubs?" I sobbed, wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling myself closer.

"My dad!"

"We've got him, George. We're rushing him to my mansions hospital to maybe be able to save him. He's gonna be in good hands George." Dream tried to comfort me.

"H-he's dead"

"We don't know that for sure..." It sounded more like Clay like was trying convince himself that.

"Clay, help!"

"I'm here, George. Breathe okay? You're safe now!"

Everything went black.

—————

"How do I tell him, Sap? What if he blames me?! I can't have him hate me!"

Everything is still black, but I can make out what sounded to be Dream nervous about something.

"Dream, he's not going to hate you. It isn't your fault!"

"That bullet was meant to hit me, not George's dad."

This was it.

He was actually dead.

"He's dead, isn't he?" I asked, slowly sitting up in the bed. I think it was Dream's but I didn't really pay attention to that detail.

"Oh, george~" Dream cooed, pulling me in for a hug. "You're okay!"

"Stop avoiding the question, Clay," I tell sense Dream's heart breaking in two at the sad tone that the words slipped from my mouth.

"Yes, George, you're father is dead..."

I sobbed loudly, my cries filling the room. Dream pulled me onto his lap, laying us down on the bed. I heard the click of the door closing.

"Why? Why Clay? Did he he have to die?" I gripped his shirt tightly, shoving my soaking face into his chest.

"George, some things are just meant to happen..."

"No, he wasn't meant to die yet! My dad wasn't-" I was cut off by myself letting out a loud scream.

"WHY DID THAT FUCKING MORON SHOOT HIM?! THAT BITCH WILL PAY!" I gritted my teeth, attempting to stand up. Dream pulled me back down.

"Baby, stay here, please. You need to calm down. I understand-"

"NO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! I WATCHED MY FATHER DIE IN FRONT OF ME!"

"SO DID I!" Dream shouted back, suddenly becoming angry. I felt my heartbreak. Dreams face turned to one of panic.

"W-wait- baby, I didn't mean-"

"No. Just say you hate me!" I walked out of the room, feeling numb. I just lost my father and now my boyfriend is yelling at me.

As I was making bargains in my mind. Maybe he is happy now. Maybe he got to see a lost loved one again!

"George, wait!" Dream called out, he ran in front of me. I cried, no longer having the energy to run. I got back into his arms, the sadness taking back over.

"Oh baby~" Dream cooed sadly, tears forming in his eyes. He lifted me up by my waist and wrapped his arms around my middle firmly.

"Clay."

"Yes?"

"Sorry, I just feel comforted by saying your name..." I admitted sheepishly.

"There's nothing wrong with that. Do whatever makes you most comfortable."

Dream brought me back to his room where we spent the rest of the day. Just the two of us. Cuddling under the sheets. Me, crying my heart out.