Chap 10

Library

'You wanted to see me, dear?' Hetty asked.

'Yes. Mom, I want to ask you something.' Calen replied.

'What is it?'

'I'm thinking of proposing to Anna.'

Hetty was completely shocked. Her baby boy was thinking of proposing?!

'Wha what?! Oh honey, that is incredible!' Then she ran over to hug him. 'I'm so proud of you!'

'Yeah, yeah I can see.'

'Well, do you need some advice?'

'Yeah. That's why I'm here actually.' Callen said.

They sat down on the couch.

'So, is she the one?' Hetty asked.

'I really think so. She's fun, spunky, and she makes me happy.' Callen replied.

'Well, what's there to question then?'

'I'm just curious, how did you know Dad was the one?'

Hetty was surprised by his question.

'Oh! Well, I actually knew he was the one well before he left, it just took me a long time to realize it. If you're looking for advice, here's some: Realize early on who your soulmate is before you end up making your 2 suitors challenge each other to a duel.' She said.

Callen chuckled. 'Not to worry about that!'

'Do you have a ring?'

'I have 1 in mind, but I was wondering if you have any old heirlooms lying around.'

'I don't, unfortunately. I did have a ring from my grandmother, but it got lost a long time ago. And my ring here is from my mother, she told me to hang on to it for when I married.' Hetty replied.

'Well, might as well plan on how I'm going to propose.'

'Here's an idea: Go to Lake Leanne. It's a beautiful place, your father and I hung out there often.'

I'll take it under advisement, thanks Mom.' Then he hugged her.

'Ohhhh. You're welcome, sweetie!' She replied.