Handlebars [Anna Shumate]

You silently watched from the side as Anna recorded a video to post on her TikTok account. She had her hair tied into braids on both sides of her head, and she was lip-syncing to a song that was, well, pretty suggestive. Your laptop was placed on the desk in-front of you, but she was making it really hard to focus on your work.

A groan subconsciously made its way out of your mouth, annoyed at yourself for being too distracted. It was a project for your Social Studies class, and the deadline was today, so you really, really need to finish it already. With an eye roll, you fully turn away from your laptop and look at your girlfriend on the other side.

"Baby," you call out to her, dragging out the word. She doesn't stop or even look to your direction, making your jaw drop. You scoffed before standing up from the chair and walking to the end of the bed, sitting beside her.

After a few seconds of sitting there, Anna finally looked at you, but not for the reason you thought or expected. "Bub, can you move for a sec? I'm trying to record something here," she said. You raised an eyebrow at her, making her repeat it.

You audibly gasped and cut her off. "You're really picking TikTok over me?" you said and she nodded in response. "Come on, princess. You make it so hard to stay focused on my work and you won't even pay attention to me?" You pouted.

Anna let out a laugh, giving you a quick peck on your lips. "Don't be a whiny baby," she replied as she leaned close to your ear, "I'll make it up to you later, daddy." Her low, sultry voice sent shivers down your spine, but all you could think about was you two could get caught.

"Your parents are home though," you said with a shrug, "And it's like what? One in the morning? They're going to hear us!"

"If we stay quiet, they won't even wake up," Anna said, and she put a hand on the back of your neck and started to play with the tiny hairs. You were just about to say something when she cut you off. "And plus, their room is super far from mine."

"Your brothers?" you asked with a tilt to your head—like a puppy. You know that they'll surely wake up, especially from the noises you know she'll definitely make. She raised an eyebrow, and you did the same.

"They're fine."

"Fine."

"Thanks. Now go 'cause this'll only take five minutes," she said, and you went back to the desk to resume your work.

It did not take five minutes.

It's been an hour, and Anna did finish filming, but she was now doing something else. She was laid on the bed with her phone in hand, and you heard a few giggles from her every few minutes.

Now, you don't really get jealous that easily, so whatever Anna's doing, you just shrugged it off. But it's been an hour, and she told you that she'd be done after five minutes, so you decide to just hop into the bed, next to her.

"Hey, you done?" you asked, trying to glance into her phone. She pulled away and hid the screen by holding it onto her chest, but you saw that she was typing something into the TikTok comment section. "Fine, I'll just check it myself." You turned away, grabbing your phone from the side table.

"Handlebars, really? you scoffed, before dropping your phone to your side and facing her again. There was nothing wrong with the jokes she made, but it still made you feel bad. You wrapped an arm around her, burying your face into the crook of her neck. "I can't believe this," you muttered.

Anna looked away from her phone and looked at you. "Aww, bub, don't be jealous," she said, a teasing tone in her voice. You just pouted even more and snuggled closer to her. "Besides, they're not the one testing these out. You are," she added, letting go of the phone, her hand going up to one of her braids and pulling on it slightly.