Chapter 8

Episode 4

Part 2

Hyunsu's pov

Eunyu bumped into the man in front of us before walking out of the room obviously annoyed. Is she always in a bad mood? He seemed to quickly brush it off quickly though so they probably know each other well.

"Are you okay? You passed out after you fell down from the 9th floor. Golden hour saved you. Did you know that? Isn't it ironic? Golden hour used to mean that it was the last hour you're able to save someone's life, you know? Are you okay?" he asked me. It seems like he has a bit of a problem with me, maybe it's because I'm a monster so, I don't really blame him there. He seemed to be glancing between me and Junseo so maybe they know each other? Is he Euwoo... no... Eunhyuck?

"I think I'm okay. I'm just worried about Junseo hyung," I sigh looking back over to the man laying on the floor in front of me. He offered me a slight smile of reassurance before speaking up.

"I'll be fine, Hyunsu. I just need a few seconds please," he said quietly.

"Good. It's going to be tough from now on for you two. Glad to know she didn't kill you Junseo, I wish you would have told me that you were one of them though," he said sternly while staring intently at us. He's definitely Eunhyuck, I'm sure of it. He walked over to us bending down to our level.

"Do you need help up, Junseo?" He asked quietly. If anyone had walked into the room, I don't believe they would have been able to hear him. Junseo shook his head stubbornly trying to get up on his own but seemed to be having balance issues. Eunhyuck or whoever this guy is reached out to balance him but he pushed his hands away grabbing onto my arm. He didn't let me help him up in the beginning but whatever Eunyu did to him when I passed out really seemed to have fucked with him. He gave up trying on his own and had me help him up grabbing onto my right shoulder for balance. Junseo and I stood up from the ground and Eunhyuck chuckled a bit still not showing that much emotion on his face.

"Still as stubborn as ever. I'm glad you let one of us help you up though."

When we walked out of the small, cramped room we were met with people walking around trying to figure out what was going on.

"What is it?"

"Why did he call us?"

"Come on. Keep going."

This one short, cranky man stopped the three of us to say, "You're all out of your mind. You brought monsters in here. Don't you dare turn. Got it? You crazy monsters or I'll slice your throat myself." Junseo stood in front of me quickly seeming to regain more of his energy.

"If I find out that you even harmed one hair on his head, I will skin you alive slowly, and as painfully as possible. Do you understand me? Have I made myself clear, he says beginning to walk forward pulling what appears to be a hunting knife out of his pocket.

"You're fucking crazy you disrespectful bastard. Watch yourselves you two," he complained walking off to join the rest of the group.

"That's what I thought, bitch," Junseo laughed watching the older man walk away in anger and fear. They all gathered in a room away from the two of us 'monsters' planning whether or not to kill us.

"Hey Junseo, thank you for earlier. That old man is crazy but I understand why he's so scared."

"Yeah he may be scared but that man is an asshole. Trust me, I've been living here on and off for a while now, he's just always like this around people. I think he's compensating for something. We are in this together now, and you haven't done anything wrong. Quite the opposite, you've saved multiple people's lives so far. You deserve to live just as much as they do and I'll be damned if I let something happen to you," he retorted. Wow, it's so weird having tell me my life is actually worth something. It actually kind of gives me a small spark of hope in my heart. Something for me to hold onto.