Chapter 11

Episode 6 part one

Hyunsu's Pov

When I woke up, I was still laying on Junseo's chest. Since he was still sleeping, I planned on just continuing to rest my body. What am I going to do anyway, there is nothing I really can do. Man, I really miss video games. 

I peered around the room looking for anything to keep me occupied mentally only to not notice anything out of the ordinary. Same cracks in the concrete frozen in time, same pile of boxes scattered around the room truly just waiting to be tripped on, same judgey old man talking to himself in the corner as if he's fallen into a vat of chemicals turning him into a crazy clown. This room remains painfully boring. 

Wait... where is the man who was obsessed with figuring out how to turn into a monster? The man who gave off the serial killer vibes that Junseo wanted to kill really bad. Did Sangwook finally kill him while we were gone yesterday?? Why is so much going on, it is so hard to keep track of everything going on in this constantly changing world. It hasn't even been that long since we got thrown into this post-apocalyptic nightmare. 

I could feel Junseo stirring next to me causing me to look over at him. His long lashes fluttered open, squinting as they met the light. 

"Morning," he whispered. Now that he was awake, it felt a little awkward to still be laying on his chest, so I quickly sat up putting a bit of space between the two of us. 

"How are you feeling today? Are you ready to face whatever is thrown at us today?" he smiled sitting up. I nodded back but before we could continue talking, Eunhyuck came into the room with two trays of food. We needed to ration food until we can get out of this building to collect more food from a nearby store. We first needed to formulate a plan on how we are going to get there safely. He walked over to the two of us and placed the trays on a table in front of us. He kept a certain distance away from us still obviously seeing me as a threat to his safety. 

"After you're done eating, I need the two of you to head upstairs and collect a few things for all the residents. The rooms we need you to go to and the objects you will be collecting are all written on this list," Eunhyuck says looking only at Junseo. Junseo and I nodded at him before he set down the paper and walked out of the room. 

The two of us didn't really have much more to say to each other so we just sat in silence as we ate. I mean, I don't really talk much, but I was hoping Junseo would talk to me as we ate. I'm just glad I'm not by myself. This would have been hell if I had to endure all of this change and horror by myself. The silence is actually quite comforting so, maybe it's not that bad.

"You ready to go?" Junseo asked once we had both finished eating. 

"Yes."

"Then let's get our stuff and head up the stairs. The faster we get this done, the faster we can get back to our safe prison," Junseo laughed walking towards the door. We grabbed our weapons and bags so we could collect the supplies but before we got to the stairs, Junseo turned around stopping the two of us in our tracks. 

"I'd like to make a stop at my apartment because I believe I have some nonperishable food items, batteries and some medical supplies that could be useful in the future."

"Yeah, that could be useful and it's already on our way, so I don't see why not," I responded. Now that that was settled, we opened the door beginning our next adventure. We managed to only have to fight two monsters on our journey leaving my leg temporarily injured when I was knocked onto my butt. We managed to electrocute it knocking it down enabling us to escape to the next floor. We might heal but we feel every cell in our body ripping apart before mending itself back together. It is excruciating. You don't really ever get used to it; you just mentally numb yourself to the idea of it happening.