Simba for Mayor!

Simba sat in his office drinking wine one day after a particularly long rally. He was running to be mayor of Pride City, but had some fierce competition: Zira from Outland Bay, a city not too far from Pride City. He and his wife, Nala, and daughter, Kiara, lived in a stately house not far from town center. It was tall and white, with two bedrooms, three bathrooms, a study for Simba, an artfully simplistic living room, and a dining room, where Simba liked to have guests for dinner.

Simba heard footsteps outside of his study. "Kiara, is that you?" He called out. "Yeah, dad." Came a voice from behind the door. "Come in, sweetie, I want to talk to you." He said. Kiara opened the door and came in. She was a pretty young lioness, with tan fur and blue eyes. She was wearing a blue shirt and skinny jeans.

"You remember the old assistant mayor's son, right?" Simba asked his daughter. "Yup. Kovu, wasn't it?" Kiara said and took another sip of the Scarbucks coffee she was holding. "That's right." Simba replied. He went on. "I've arranged a date for you two. He will come over tomorrow." Kiara wasn't at all affected. She had gone on a date with the son of one of her father's clients before, and as far as she knew Kovu was a nice lion. "Have you had a good day sweetie?" Simba asked. "Yeah..." Kiara replied absentmindedly, swirling her coffee with her straw. "I can tell when you aren't okay," Said Simba. "It's just... Mom seems upset and I'm worried about her." Kiara said. "Kiara, time for your voice lessons!" Called a voice from downstairs. "Ooh, I just remembered I have a meeting in half an hour." Simba said. "See you after voice lessons, sweetie." He addded, kissing his daughter on the forehead. "Love you dad." Kiara said and turned to leave. "And remember, we are one!" Simba called after her. "Yep." Kiara said and left, shutting the door behind her.
I raised a good daughter. Simba thought to himself and smiled.