Vitani and the Date

Kiara took a sip of her Scarbucks coffee. She always got a cup on Sundays. She had had a busy day, and was now returning from Timon and Pumbaa's house. Timon and Pumbaa were old friends of her father's and often cub-sitted her when she was young. As she took another warm sip, she remembered that Kovu was coming over that day. She checked her watch. 2:30! Kovu was coming over at three! She stopped at a bus stop and waited. About two minutes later, the Pride City Comet, an old bus, came screeching around the corner. She hopped in, handed the driver a five dollar bill, sat down near a window, and pulled out her phone.

The bus stopped ten minutes later at a bus stop about two blocks from Kiara's house. The doors swung open and she stepped out, stowing her phone in her pocket. As she was walking down the sidewalk, a motorcycle drove through a puddle and splashed Kiara's yellow shirt with cold, runny mud. The motorcycle stopped at a stop sign right in front of Kiara. "HEY! Watch where you're driving!" Kiara yelled at the driver. The driver took off her helmet. "I'm so sorry, ma'am!" She said apologetically. Kiara stood silent. The motorcycle driver was an incredibly beautiful lioness with warm tan fur. She had short bangs that hung over her stunningly violet eyes. "I-it's okay." Kiara said. "I'm sorry I lost my temper." "Oh it's okay." The lioness said. "Do you need a ride home?" She asked. "Sure, that would be great!" Kiara replied, hopping on the motorcycle. "Wear this, you need it more than me." The lioness said, putting the helmet on Kiara. It smelled faintly of flowers. "Hold onto me." The lioness said. Kiara put her hands around her waist. The lioness smelled even more of flowers than the helmet. "Hang on!" The lioness called and the motorcycle took off down the street.

They arrived at Kiara's house five minutes later. "Thanks for the ride." Kiara said, taking off the helmet. "Always happy to help someone who needs a ride!" She called, put on the helmet, and sped off.
Kiara checked her watch again. Five minutes until Kovu would be there. She ran up to her room to change out of the muddy shirt. "What should I wear?" She asked herself. She pulled out a white crop top with black dots. "Perfect." She said, pulling on the shirt. DING DONG! Kovu rang the doorbell. Kiara rushed out of her room and slid down the banister of the stairs and landed in the front foyer right as Simba opened the door. "Hello Mr. Simba!" Kovu said. "And hi, Kiara." He added as Kiara walked up. "Alright, nobody can say I don't know when I'm not wanted!" Simba said, disappearing down the hall.

There was an awkward silence. "Nice shirt." Kovu said, nodding at Kiara's top. "Thanks." She said. Kiara tried to strike up some small talk, and after a minute or so of talking about the weather and high school, Kovu said "Look, I didn't agree to this date, and I can tell you don't feel comfortable." "Same here." Kiara said, rubbing her arm. "But you seem like a good lion, and I want to be friends with you." "Me too!" Kovu said and his face lifted as he smiled a little bit. "Wanna come see my room?" Kiara asked. "Sure!" Kovu replied enthusiastically and the two raced up the stairs.