A Shopping Spree

It was Saturday, Kiara's favorite day of the week. Kovu had come over that day and he and Kiara had hung out and talked for a while. Kiara was laying on her bed when Simba walked in. Pushing the worries she had been contemplating to the back of her mind, she sat up to see what he had to say.
  "Sweetie," he said. He looked nervous. "Zira has invited us over to a dinner party with some other people at her house on Monday. Of course your mother and I will have to attend, but you could stay home if you like. Would you want to go?" "Of course!" Kiara said enthusiastically. Maybe too enthusiastically. She had immediately thought of Vitani, but her father of course had forbidden them to be friends. Would he catch on?
  Simba raised an eyebrow. "Er... I'm just excited to get out a little. Besides, it means I'll get to go dress shopping! Yay!" Kiara wasn't lying about the shopping thing, the dress her mother had given her got ripped after she wore it to one of Simba's "professional" rallies. So Kiara did the only logical thing: She pulled out her phone and called Tiifu and Zuri.

   "Oh my gosh, look at that boutique!" Tiifu said before taking another sip of her smoothie. The girls all needed something or other so they had decided to go for a shopping spree. First they had stopped at Scarbucks café for drinks and then they went by Upendi Outfitters to buy Zuri a shirt or two. Kiara and Zuri agreed to go inside the small boutique and take a look around.
  There was a short hyena at the counter. She had a shiny name tag that read JASIRI in black letters. "Hello," she called out in a slightly British accent. "Welcome to Sisi Ni Sawa Boutique." The girls milled around for a bit until Kiara saw a dress that caught her eye. It was white with peekaboo shoulders and a neckline sewn with blue and yellow glass beads. She took it off the rack and brought it to the register. Near the counter she spotted something else. It was a necklace with two lionesses on the charm. It glinted in the light.
  "I'll take that, too." Kiara told Jasiri, pointing at the necklace. "MADOA, C'MERE!" Jasiri called into the back of the shop. Another hyena appeared, wearing a green apron. She appeared to be Jasiri's sister but was a little bit taller. "I need your height," Jasiri told her, pointing to the necklace. Madoa took down the necklace for her and wrapped it. Jasiri handed Kiara her things and the three girls left the store.
   As they were walking back to Zuri's car, which was parked near the plaza, Kiara kept thinking of how good that necklace would look around Vitani's neck.