15

We get back to the room and see that there is even more people than before. I guess it's because the sun has set and these people like to party.

We walk with intertwined hands over to the steps leading to the throne. We sit down next to each other, shoulders and thighs touching. He brings our hands up to his lap and holds it there as we watch the people laugh and dance. 

"Y'know? that was a hell of a lot better than my vision."

He laughs a bit and we continue to watch the crowds move.

I look around and see my dad waving his hands in the air, signalling for me. I tell Loki that I will be right back and make my way around the room until I reach him. 

"Care for a father-daughter dance?"

"Why, of course."

He holds out his hand and I take it. We find a small clearing and start to dance.

"So, you and Loki?"

"Dad." I tilt my head unamused.

"I'm not gonna be rude. I swear. I just want to know how you feel about him."

"I really like him. If I didn't I'd be terribly confused."

"That's good. He treats you good?"

"Yeah, he does."

"Good. How did you guys meet in the first place? I would think it was when he was freed but you seemed to already like him."

"I asked Frigga if I could speak to him. I wanted to know who he was. She let me and told me that if I enjoyed the conversation, I could go back anytime I wanted."

"What else happened?"

"He was in his cell and there are these golden barriers locking him in and I went to touch it but my hand went directly through it. So I just walked in it. Loki went to see if he was able to do it but it zapped him."

"How the hell did you manage that?"

"Apparently being an angel has it's perks." I shrug smugly.

He laughs and we continue dancing.  Once the song ends we walk out of the crowd and he goes back to the avengers while I go to Loki.

"Hi." I smile at him.

"Hi." He smiles back.

I sit down next to him and he grabs my hand again, placing it back on his lap.

"Are you okay?" I furrow my brows.

"Yes. I'm just worried."

"Why?" I grow concerned.

"About us." He makes eye-contact.

I shake my head and pull him into a hug

"You have nothing to worry about." I state softly in his ear. "I would know. I see nothing but happiness for us in the future and if I were to ever see anything different, I will tell you right away. I promise."

He takes a deep breath and nuzzles his nose into my hair, both holding tighter. After a few seconds, we let go and I stick out my hand for him to take. He takes it and once again, places it in his lap.

I love when he does that. I may have only known him for a few days but each time he holds my hands, I just melt into his touch and never want to let go. It's intense but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes, listening to my surroundings. I hear music, laughter, heels walking along the hard floor. I hear Loki's breathing. It's calming.

"I'm gonna end up falling asleep." I smirk, keeping my eyes closed.

"Do you want to go to bed?"

"Yeah." I pick my head up off his shoulder.

We stand up, still holding hands. He lets go of my hand so that I can say goodnight to the Avengers. I do that and give each of them a hug. Except for the two P's, who I give hard slaps on the back, making them wince. 

I go back over to Loki and take his hand as we walk to my room. Once we get there I open my door and turn to face him.

I pull him into another slow and passionate kiss before I pull away.

"Goodnight, Mischief."

"Goodnight, my darling."

He gently grabs my face and kisses me on the forehead and then walks towards his room.

I smile to myself and shut my door behind me.

I go over the my vanity and pull the flowers out of my hair, brushing out the knots. Once I'm done, I grab a cloth and wipe away my minimum amount of makeup. I go into my wardrobe and find a silky nightgown, throwing that on before crawling into bed. All with a smile on my face that won't seem to go away.