31

We look at him concerned but quickly look back at Ruby she starts speaking.

"Go away, Micheal." She softly pleads.

"Ruby, who's Micheal?" Nat asks.

"Yes, I remember you. Please go."

"Ruby!" Steve, Tony, and Nat yell.

She puts her wings away and a second later they fly out again, being pure white.

"What the hell is going on?" Loki whispers with concern. 

"Micheal, please, just go. Queen Frigga of Asgard. I don't want the memories of Heaven."

We all watch and listen in confusion, concern, and interest. We don't know who Micheal is but, we aren't sure if we should like him.

"Because, it would ruin what I have here with my family, with Loki, and I don't want that. Thank you. Yes, I do want to remember speaking to you. Goodbye, Micheal. Tell God thank you for me."

"God!?" Steve, Bucky, Sam, and Tony ask.

Her eyes go back to normal and she stands there for a few seconds before looking up.

Ruby POV-

"Loki?"

He appears next to me in a second and I throw my arms around his torso, quickly hugging me back.

"What just happened?" I hear dad ask.

"Micheal just happened."

"Who's Micheal?" Steve asks

"I'm disappointed in you Steve." I let go of Loki. "Aren't you the man of god here?"

"The arch angel?"

I nod and all their eyes go wide. "They found out that I now know that I am a fallen angel and have been trying to contact me. They wanted to know if I wanted to remember heaven and I said no. It would ruin all that I have created here."

I finish speaking with tears in my eyes. My dad pulls me into a hug, sighing as a stray tear falls.

"You said to thank God. Why?" Bucky asks.

"Because he let me fall. Angels aren't supposed to fall unless they did something really bad. He let me fall and I was brought to you guys in the form of a new born baby."

"Well then, I thank God as well." Dad chuckles.

"Me too." Loki agrees.

"Nat, I need a girl hug." I let go of my dad.

They laugh and Nat grabs my shoulder and pulls into her, wrapping her arms around me.

"I don't want to talk to about it any more."

I let go of Nat and walk over to my chair and sit down. The rest soon follow and Loki stands behind me.

"Alright. Dinner?" Dad asks.

"Spaghetti?"

"What ever you want."

"Okay. I'm gonna make it."

"You don't have to." Wanda says.

"I know but, I want to."

I stand up and leave the room, walking past Sharon. I get to the Kitchen and let out a shaky breath, resting my elbows on the island counter with my head in my hands.

A few moments later, I feel a hand on my back.

"Hey, Loki."

"Hello, love."

I stand up and face his concerned face, making me feel bad. I get up on the counter and pull him between my legs. I wrap my arms around him, under his arms, and pull him closer. His arms go around my back and he rubs circles with his thumbs.

"I hate to see you like this."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. You have no reason to apologize. You're stressed and sad and a little angry. You have reasons to feel this way. I just wish you didn't have to."

Loki saying this makes me cry even more. The tears fall out, staining my face.

I let go of him, just for a second so, I can throw my arms around his neck. He pulls me closer to him and kisses the top of my head.

Loki POV-

Ruby stands up and walks out of the room. The wench, Sharon, walks in after her with a scowl on her face.

"What's wrong with her?" She asks rudely.

The others look at me and see me glaring daggers at her. Before I can bring my actual daggers out, Thor stops me.

"Brother, go."

I leave the room passing a scared looking Sharon, making me smirk.

That smirk disappears when I walk into the kitchen and see Ruby with her head in her hands. I walk over to her and gently place my hand on her back.

"Hey, Loki." Her voice shakes.

"Hello, love."

She turns to face me and I can see the stress and sadness in her eyes, only growing more concerned.

Ruby jumps on the counter and grabs my wrist to pull me between her legs. She wraps her arms around my body and pulls me closer.

"I hate to see you like this."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. You have no reason to apologize. You're stressed and sad and a little angry. You have reasons to feel this way. I just wish you didn't have to."

She pauses for a second and squeezes me tighter. She lets go of me, only for a second, long enough for me to catch a glimpse of her tear stained face before her arms are around my neck. I pull her closer to me and kiss the top of her head.

She tries to silence her crying but, I know she needs to.

"You can cry, my love."

She sighs and lets it out. It's not an obnoxious cry, it's more of a 'I need this' cry.

I see something move out of the corner of my eye and turn to Thor, Natasha, Wanda, and Tony standing there. I just put my finger up to my lips, telling them to stay quiet. They nod and head back to the common area.

She starts to breathe close to normal again but still clings onto me.

A few moments later, she slowly releases me. She looks away and I put my hands on her cheeks, making her look at me, wiping the tears from under her eyes.

She places her hands on mine and pulls them down, intertwining our fingers.

"I love you, Mischief."

"I love you, my darling."

She gives me a small smile and leans up to kiss me, soft and slow before she pulls away.

"Alright, time to make dinner."

I back up and keep our hands together as she jumps off the counter.