𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟲

I won't do it.

I slid the note under my door. It's been a day now since I've stopped eating completely, I just couldn't after I almost pounced on that innocent boy. Once I was inside, I locked myself in my room with coffee that of course couldn't last forever. I peeked at the many notes on my floor from Papá.

Y/N please eat something.

You can't go this long without food!

Please.

You'll die going like this!

I ripped that last one in half and threw the others away. My attention was on my hand again, with a scar that never healed completely. If anything, I'll eat myself again if I have to. In some cases he was right, I can barley go a few hours after the hunger starts. But unless I can't hold it back anymore, I'm locked up in my room. I'm risking a lot doing this. If the curse somehow completely takes over, that's it. Period. End of story. We'll be hunted for life. I hear Papá knocking at my door, and the smell of coffee.

"Mija, I find it hard to believe you still have coffee in there."

I sighed and cracked the door just enough to grab it and locked myself in again. I felt bad for worrying Papá like this, but I'm tired of living this way. I hid under my covers ignoring everything. I'm such an idiot, I tell myself not to fall in love and what do I do? Fall in love with a Madrigal of all people. Now look where that got us. I suddenly jumped at some knocking at my window.

"Hermosa! It's Camilo! Are you in there? You're father said you were sick."

I hastily got out of bed and answered with a fake cough.

"Y-Yea, I'm not really feeling to great. Sorry, I don't think I can come out today." I answered.

"Do you need me to come in?" He asked sending my heart rate through the roof.

"No! I mean, you'll get sick to if you do that. I'm fine, I'll see you tomorrow, promise."

You idiot! He's gonna come in anyways! Get it together Y/N!!

I listened to my head and grabbed some makeup that I never used to hide the scar. I used Camilo's whines and pleading as my timer, hiding anything that could reveal something. I took the piping hot coffee cup and painfully pressed it against my forehead to make the fever believable.

"That's it, I'm coming in!"

Perfect!

I jumped in bed as he opened the window and climbed in. I put on my sick act while trying not to get too dramatic with it.

"You know, you should really keep that locked. Something could get in!" He said partly scolding me.

"S-Sorry." Was all I could say.

He walks over, kissing me on my cheek. Which helped me fake fever as I blushed burned up even more. He feels my forehead and pulls away with shock.

Well that worked

"You're really warm. I'll get a cold towel." He started walking away but I grabbed his wrist.

"Are you crazy? Papá doesn't even know you're in here, remember?" I stated.

"Oh yeah."

I wanted to facepalm at his stupidity but it was kinda cute. Don't get emotional now!

"I could just shape shift into you, you know."