𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟬

❤︎︎Two week time skip ❤︎︎

Camilo had split the curse instead of taking it entirely. I want surprised at the reaction of the Madrigals when they first saw his eye. We also went to my house and explained everything to Papá. His reaction was priceless to say the least, but it's safe to say we won't be leaving for a good while. Although it was tough at first, we came to an understanding with the Madrigals and they even offered us a spot in their Casita. We decided it was for the best and got moved in right away.

Aside from that, I've started to notice some major differences with me ever since the curse was split. I was finally able to eat normal food. I no longer craved humans. All my scars were healed by Julieta's magic food that now actually takes effect on me. I did have to show Camilo some of the ropes emotion wise. Any strong emotion could accidentally release the strength, and the eye. The last thing we want is for him to scare any kids in the village. They all really love him. Speaking of the village, I had gotten the resentment and hate from most of the villagers once I was revealed. But surprisingly, there were some very understanding people out there. In which one of them was kind enough to split the curse with Papá.

Although my life was taking a really good turn, I did discover some unnerving facts. Apparently, Bruno found himself unable to use his gift, conveniently the night I burnt my hand on the candle. Delores also was unable to hear me specifically anywhere. Of course, Julieta was unable to heal any scar of mine. And to top it off, Casita could react while I was here. It reminded me of how powerful this darkness really was.

But now, there wasn't a whole lot to worry about anymore. Everything was normal-ish again, and here I was with the boy I fell for. This flirty, cocky, childish, dumb, but kinda smart, boy. In my eyes, perfection.

"Thank you, Camilo. For doing all of this. Even though I caused all this trouble and carelessly dragged you into it."

"If it means my Hermosa will be safe, I'll do this for the rest of my life." He smiled.

Well....you have to do it the rest of your life. Dummy.

"And! I can't have you leaving before this." He took my hand and slipped on a ring. A promise ring. It was a little oversized. And observing it closer, it was really familiar.

My moms wedding ring.

"I know we're too young to marry, but once we're old enough I will definitely marry you." Camilo said with much confidence.

"If I even say yes."

"Whaaaa???" He was stunned by my answer as I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I was joking." I said smiling.

"Oh...I knew that!" He pouted.

I sighed. "You know, maybe this all would've never happened if I hadn't fallen in love in the first place."

"So you regret it?" He asked with a pouty face.

"Sometimes."

...

"That's a bummer."

I turned to him, gazing into his golden eyes.

"I definitely don't regret falling in love with you." Camilo said pulling me into his chest.

I giggled, and snuggled into him. It was nice to be near him without the fear of hunger. And he was right. For a dummy. Sometimes I really do regret falling in love at all.

But if there's one thing I'm certain of, I will never regret falling in love with Camilo Madrigal.

♥︎GHOUL♥︎