𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟴

I got dressed in the best outfit I could find. I strolled to the kitchen and packed todays meal in two water bottles, and shoved extras in my pockets. As I made my way to the door, papá was packing more of our belongings in boxes for our move. I didn't tell him about last, but I'm pretty sure he knew. Aside from that, I just had to see Camilo one last time. I'm not so sure if I can even tell him about the move so suddenly.

I walked the distance to Casita and knocked, admiring the Madrigal family carved into it. The picture was taken from my vision once the door was answered by Camilo.

"Y/N! You're all better!?" Camilo asked, stupidly.

Can't he see I'm here??

"Yea, I thought I should come see you since I was t able to do much yesterday." I answered.

"Finally! I was so bored! And so lonely, not being able to cuddle you!" He cooed pulling me inside.

I don't know what's happening, but as I look at him, he seemed more on edge today than yesterday. And by the way he was pulling me, I can tell he was frantic. I knew something was off, but what? I didn't have much time to think before we reached his room.

It was actually nice. Is that a food stash? I'm getting side tracked, but I may as well view everything just this once. It's not like I'll be back.

"Thank you, Camilo." I started.

"For what?" He asked confused.

"Everything."

"Well, I'd do anything to make sure you're okay." He responded. It made my heart flutter.

Selfish brat. All you did was use him. If you really love him you would tell him the truth. And if he loves you so much he wouldn't rat you out.

"Shut up."

"You say something, Hermosa?" Camilo asked as I shook my head.

"No, it's nothing."

He smells good....doesn't he Y/N?

I instantly took a big chug of my now cold coffee. A few seconds go buy, and my hunger only intensifies. My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach.

Please...anything but THAT!!!!!

"Hey, I know this is sudden but I think Papá is gonna need my help with...yard work! He only allowed me to come for a few minutes but I'll be back later!"

I had to get out of here, right now! I didn't know what else to say, so I just turned and started walking out. My wrist was grabbed as Camilo stopped me.

"Wait."

His flesh smells really tasty

Eat him.

EAT HIM!

I broke my wrist free, and started sprinting.

"Y/N!"

I heard him calling my name, but I ignored him and went wherever my legs took me which for some reason it wasn't out of the house. I ran into a room and suddenly tripped over a...log? The room smelt grassy, and much like nature. I looked around hastily seeing a whole jungle in there. In a nearby stream of water, my reflection changed again. I couldn't put my ghoul eyes away as I got hungrier and hungrier, I was basically drooling, I opened my water bottles drinking the coffee as much as I could. What I feared most has finally come to pass.

It didn't work.

My stomach started to ache, I grasped my head in pain as the voices tried to order me around. I couldn't help but start crying. I'm a monster.

"Y/N!" I hear Camilo storm in the room.

"STAY AWAY! GET OUT!" I looked at him. I couldn't hide it anymore.

He now knows the truth. His face of shock and terror tells me everything. I'm a monster to him. I'm no longer the "Hermosa" he loved so much. I knew he wouldn't listen to me and leave. I felt his arms wrap around me in a tight embrace. His scent was so strong I had to plug my nose.

"Camilo please you can't-

His arm was suddenly put in front of me. I knew exactly what he was doing. And I was NOT going to do it.

"It's okay." He tried to reassure me. But I only shook my head.

"No. No! I won't!" I yelled turning away.

He grabbed my shoulders, turning my head towards him. He finally snaps.

"Y/N! YOU ARE DYING! PLEASE JUST DO THIS FOR ME!"

"NO!"

As much as I didn't want to do this again, I sucked it up, and bit into my other hand tearing a chunk out. It wasn't enough to satisfy it, but it was enough for my eyes to normalize again and for the hunger to go down. I had finally calmed down. I wrapped a piece of my dress to stop the bleeding of the new scar.

There was silence between us. Nothing but the sound of a rushing waterfall and birds chirping. I wasn't able to look him in the eye, but I still asked.

"H-How did you know?"

I glanced over at him. It looked like he was about ready to cry himself, but was holding it down.

"My family already had suspicions. About you." He said.

I was startled. How did they know already?? Could it have been Bruno's gift? Did Delores her something? I was asking myself questions I knew I couldn't answer.

"They told me, to keep a closer eye on you. So I did." He continued in a voice of guilt. "I didn't want to believe it was you. But after I left your house, I stayed around the corner. I heard everything. And...your scar is still there."

It finally clicked in my head. He wasn't staring into space, he was staring at my hand. The makeup must have started to fade. Or maybe I didn't put enough. That's not important anymore. He found out anyways.

"And also, I grabbed this last night."

He handed me one of the bracelets he gave me. Confused, I looked at my wrist and realized one of the bracelets was missing. But the only time I could've lost one....

Would've had to been in that fight. With that strange man. But...it wasn't a strange man. The reason why he had such great mobility...

Oh my god.

"It was...you." I started to tear up again. "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry!" The tears turned into sobs as I hid my face.

"I can't control it!"

It wasn't long before I felt his hand on top of mine. I looked at him as he withheld a weak smile.

"I don't care. I still love you."

Why....

How could he?

I was too stunned to say anything. How could he love such a monster like me? Someone who commits cannibalism to survive? Why? Why are humans like this? I stood up taking me with him.

"I think I can get you home before anyone finds out." He said.

I didn't debate or argue back, I just let him take me with him. Anything that'll get me home faster in time, in time to convince Papá to stay. Because this love was real, and I didn't want to abandon such a once in a lifetime chance.

"Let's hurry, I know a shortc-

As we left the room, we were stopped in our tracks.

My heart sank.

I couldn't breath.

I was frozen behind him.

"Camilo. Get away from her."