Chapter 1 : Boring day

Hi guys ! I hope u all r well ! Today has been a cool day as I am officially on holiday for 2 weeks ! I just felt like putting this song as it has been in my head for the past 4 hours, lol

Anyway, enjoy ! Here goes nothing...

The bell rings in the corridor, meaning class is finished for the day. Today's classes are finally over ! This second year of high school has, by far, been the most boring yet hard ones. Classes move at a maddeningly slow pace. And I can't stop myself from staring at the clock while waiting for the end of class.

As I walk out of history class, i mentally list all the things i have to do when i get back home : my homework,  feeding the lost kitten my sister found, prepare dinner, call the doctor for Tim's medical appointment, buy groceries, wash and put away the dishes from lunch, clean the kitchen, take out the trash, sweep the living room floor, clean the windows, iron our clothes for my neighbor Mrs. Rogers' birthday party, pay the bills, mow the lawn... And I also have to drop Marguerite off at the friend's birthday.

I hastily shove my books into my locker before walking to the door. I always walk home because my house is not too far and I like to take a quiet and peaceful walk before returning to my lively house.
I turn left into the next alley. I know the way so well I don't even have to order my feet to move.

As I take a left into the next alley, my heart skips a beat at the familiar figure walking in it. Matt, my neighbor, as well as my classmate, is walking down the alley. I used to wonder why he never took this shortcut back to his house. But then I guess he goes hang out with his friends or do other stuff kids our age usually do instead of walking back home directly. He always goes through the school gate and to the right. Not to the left. Maybe he's not hanging out with anyone today.

I slow down a bit, not knowing what to do, and trying not to stare. Pretending someone isn't there is a pretty hard thing to do for me.
I look up from the pavement as I realize the sound of his footsteps have stopped, only for my gaze to meet a pair of blue eyes staring back at me. He saw me! I scowl as I try not to let my face turn bright red. We haven't talked to each other in years.

I continue walking, much faster this time, towards him because I have to pass through this alley to go home. He turns towards me, completely facing me, as his eyes widen. He looks frightened ? I feel his stare shift from me to a spot behind me.

I turn around to see what's going on and spot the black van with tinted glass parked behind me. A man with sunglasses is leaning against it and pointing a gun at us. My eyes look around in panic, and I don't move an inch.

"Get in the car now," he says, nodding his head to designate me.

 I clear my throat and ask, "Me?".

"Yes, him too," he nods at Matt. "Both of you get in the car now."

Okay! They are definitely criminals! I found myself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Why are we always getting into trouble?, the voice in my head whined.

"Listen, I didn't see anything," I swear.

"GET INTO THE CAR ! Or so God help me, I will drag you to it !" he shouts, his russian accent slightly audible with his anger. I flinch at the loudness of his voice, as the realization that I am being kidnapped echoes in my mind.

"Now," he repeats in a lower, more composed voice.

I gulp and look back at Matt. He slowly backs away from me and... makes a run for it. The guy doesn't hesitate and shoots him in the leg. I scream in shock, his blood spilling out of the wound.

I face the shooter, before looking at Matt again hesitantly. I want to go help him, but what if the man shoots me too?
As soon as the thought passes my mind, two men pick Matt up and drag him to the van. The driver of the vehicule opens the back doors and lets them in.

The russian man takes off his sunglasses. Cold hard blue eyes stare into mine as he smirks at me.

"Get into the car," he repeats. "Unless you want the same to happen to you."

Cliff hanger! Sleep on it.

Please

VOTE

SHARE

COMMENT

Love you all ! Take care.

-Tyfanny